Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Words spoke'in ( Humor)

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Words spoke'in ( Humor)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:15 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Words spoke'in ( Humor)

The words you hear when you buy a Norvel from the retailer, You will love this little engine and its performance!!! What you here from the retail buying a Cox. Sorry about the dust on it, its been on the shelf forever, I will give you a discount to get rid of it, as your leaving with your norvel, the retailer says Enjoy it!!! as you leave with your cox, retailer mumbles to himself sucker........
Old 02-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Digger-RCU

Lash, If only that were true concerning 020 Tee-Dee's
I have been acutely educated over the last week. It appears that most folks think these motors are made of solid gold because of the price they are willing (and forceing me) to pay for them.

Once I pay that much for an engine, I am not likely to talk bad about it!

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 02-21-2003, 08:18 PM
fastlash

Default Digger

Digger its called a marketing ploy if you limit the supply you can create a demand, and especially if you have the only one, there for the the price can be manipulated for a higher profit, a good example is the pt cruisers they limited the supply and advertised something way in advance of its availability to create a demand, then gouged all the people that HAD to be first to have one, now they are cheap compared to before, I think in cox's case its limited due to low demand so too keep it on the market they have to charge more than its worth and unless it is used in another product it will soon be no more and the price will be really a rip,and if its NLA then you will surely pay the price and $10.50 for a plug!! looks like you feel like you got ripped off since you have lost your perspective as to this thread, but no one FORCED you to buy it, in this case alack of production creates a got to have price, hope this don't offend you , just my perspective on the American way of business, which I have never played into, I like the money more than the presitge of being first
Old 02-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Digger-RCU

I re-read my post, and it does sound kinda B*tchy!
I didnt mean it to. I really like the little TD's, and would pay whatever it costs if I needed one for the right application. Which I do! I dont feel ripped off at all, and I will proudly fly my new plane with one of the two I have recently bought. You could be right about the "Sucker" part though

Having said that I would really like to hear some hobbystore worker say "Enjoy your superior quaility, high powered, better than any other engine available, throttled and muffled 020"

If only Norvel made an 020, that could be heard anytime!

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 02-21-2003, 10:31 PM
fastlash

Default .020

Well I was considering one but after seeing the prices$65- 80 bucks I said not,( Iam Cheap)this was on ebay, did you see the guy that sells an alloy tank mount, there for $18 real nice
Old 02-22-2003, 02:19 AM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Default TD 020

Fashlash

Lookin for a TD 020, I have a NIB Cox #160, red and gold sitting on the shelf I would be willing to trade for HUMMM!!!

If you're going to put it to good use, we can work a deal. NO COLLECTING!!!

Rick
Old 02-22-2003, 03:14 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

I have no problem with collectors, it's speculators that frost me.