Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

cool video

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Dave Campbell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cool video

http://www.fastcomposites.com/sliver_fly.mov

I got this clip from a customer of mine (Domenic Degiorgio) last year, but have had trouble uploading it to my website. I apologize for the size (9.5meg Quicktime file) and lack of audio, but the quality is GREAT and you wouldn't hear anything 'cause it's electric powered anyway!

The plane is a Sliver 400 pylon racer with a 6V Sp400 on 8 600AE's. This is what you would see in a typical sport setup, but nowhere near what they go like with a proper race setup. There is a launch, general kibitsing around with loops and rolls, followed by a crash. A kid on a bike hit his car when they were taping the landing! Then you see him pick up the plane undamaged..

For those of you that have followed my latest mold and fuse attempts, the new 1/2A is this plane with a tapered nose and speed bonnet added.

Enjoy!

Dave
Old 02-25-2003, 09:59 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default size

Way to big for us cheap skates without dsl 30 min DLT
Old 02-26-2003, 06:00 AM
Dave Campbell

Default cool video

Yeah, way too big for me too. It took an hour to upload, actually more than that because I had to try 4 or 5 times. My computer has been around since God was a boy and once the phone rings or it decides i'm done using the internet I get bumped off and can't reconnect until I reboot.

The download time was about 30min. though at 5kbps.

Dave
Old 02-26-2003, 06:29 AM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Default cool video

Must be a ton of people grabbing it, I have 2Mbs connection and it is only coming down at 17kbs.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:23 AM
DIBERVILLE2006

Default cool video

ONLY TOOK ME 2 MIN MAX TO DOWNLOAD IT

I GOT A CABLE MODEM HEHEHEHEHE
Old 02-28-2003, 02:27 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Default cool video

I don't have a cable modem. Instead, I spend my money on my beautiful 1/2a planes! They are much better to have than a fast download time
Old 02-28-2003, 06:04 PM
DIBERVILLE2006

Default cool video

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr

well wild fred iam making a plane and i have all the stuff i need including engine and radio gear.

oh yea and to let cha know iam wealthy young man its just my parents are crazy.

they think iam just losing money on the internet by buying stuff when they say i can buy it new..........
Old 02-28-2003, 06:27 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Default cool video

cool! upload a pic when you get it done!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:49 PM
DIBERVILLE2006

Default cool video

you will be the first to know and if the file may be to big ill post a link and the plane is almost done.all i have to do is install the radio gear and engine and setup the controls but here is what i used i wanteed to go different ok i took a plastic slope glider fuse and choppedd it in half then i put a coroplatse tail wing and rudder with balsa wing belive it or not when i was ready to test to see if it would glide it did but iam not sure if it will fly beacause when i install the radio gear and ect. iam not good at finding a balance point and balanceing the electronics out.. i should be done before sunday