Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Which charger should I get?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Which charger should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 11:16 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Which charger should I get?

I currently have a Hobbico Accu-Cycle, a Hobbico Quick Field Charger and a Glow Bee glow plug charger. The Accu-Cycle is of little use and the Quick Field Charger is a little hard on ½A RX packs and it can't charge nimh.

I want to replace my stuff with something that can do it all, if possible. I was looking at either a Supernova or a Great Planes Triton. The Hitec CG-335 looks good though because it can charge more than one pack at a time and it has a glow charger.

What are most guys using? What are some of the pros and cons of some of the chargers?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:12 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a hitec cg-340, does all my radio stuff. I use a duratrax intellipeak for my electric airplane packs. both do nimh fine.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:26 AM
Bubbafly
My Feedback: (2)

Default Chargers

I have been using a GWS charger. It does nicad and nimh both. Comes with assorted leads to match your battery connector. It has a dial adjust with a pointer movement indicator to see what current you are setting in. It will charge from .25 ma to 5 amps. It is a very easy charger to use and will take care of most, if not all, of your charging needs. It is a peak charger and switches to a pulse trickle after your battery is fully charged. Paid 59.95 for mine at LHS, but could probably be bought on-line cheaper. Check Horizon Hobby. I am pleased with mine.

Tim(bubbafly)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	58689_27956.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	36479  
Old 02-27-2003, 01:47 AM
Jeff Leavitt

Default Chargers

HI,

I've used a Hitech 325 peak charger for five years or so with very good results. Recently bought a Schultze 330 Very good also. The Dymond Super Turbo at about $109 is very good....If i were doing it over, I'd do the Dymond and save a few bucks....Jeff
Old 02-27-2003, 02:16 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a CG340 from hitec for Christmas. I have been using it since, and have been pleased with it. I have also used the model above the CG340 and was pleased with it as well.

Both are easy to use and have some useful safety/convienience features.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:54 AM
buckeyes1997
My Feedback: (4)

Default supernova or dymond

i love my dymond super smart turbo. its a clone of the supernova by fma. it charges everything under the sun. okay actually it only charges what i need and wont do li-poly or lead acid. its a fantastic charger for 100.00

www.rc-dymond.com