Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

COX PT-19 engine question

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

COX PT-19 engine question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 11:13 PM
GotCoffee66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COX PT-19 engine question

I just picked up a COX PT-19 for my kids. Has anyone made an exhaust deflector for the oil or do you just put up with the oil on these little guys? After I finish the pint of Cox super fuel, can I just use my Performance Plus fuel, it has a nitro content of 15 and 20% oil, I think most if not all of which is castor?

After run oil. Do these little ones need it?

Last question, Do all the little .049 and smaller engines just have exhaust slits or do some come with an exhaust pipe?

Thanks,
Old 02-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Lynn S

I have never seen a pipe for a cox. I did own a .049 powered car once that had a muffler. It fit around the cylinder and had a metal band around the outside that could be opened or closed to give it more or less of a muffle.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:14 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The oil is part of the fun.....

Yeah, yeah, I know they get messy but if you put on a pipe long enough then there wouldn't be any power left to turn the prop after it pumped all the stuff down the long pipe to the tail.

Even the larger engines with the mufflers that have the tips directed away from the model just make the oil hit the sides in a different place than they would normally have hit.

A bottle of 409 or equivalent and some paper towels at the end of the day is what you want.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:15 AM
GotCoffee66

Thanks,
After run oil... needed or not?