Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

36' span lil streak coro build pics

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

36' span lil streak coro build pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36' span lil streak coro build pics

big thanks to Mr. Ulmer on the kickin web site!

question: i encreased the lil streak by 33% using Blackflights "Tile Print". so will the CG location stay accurate?
wing span 37". length without ailerons 26 1/2" cg is 12" from tip and 14 1 /2 from TE.

i have some 1/4" x 2" aileron stock that looks about right?????

thanks ahead for any help

LOOK FOR PICS [:-]

Old 06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Jburry

Default RE: lil streak cg

The CG location is based on the airframe's geometry, so it should stay at the same place relative to %cord as it was. However, distance from the leading edge will scale, of course. If it used to be 2" behind the leading edge, now it would be 2 x 1.33, or 2.66" behind the leading edge.

J
Old 06-14-2007, 04:57 PM
OzMo

thanks this is what i also discovered after looking for a CG calculator. the CG location remains 25% of mac.
the CG calculator if found through an RCU search and REALLY like is on

palosrc.com/instructor/cg.htm

this CG calc is very user friendly. i recomended RCU ask permision to make it available via the RC UNIVERSITY feature on this web site. we'll see.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

OzMo, you are more than welcome! The LS is a very stable delta wing. That's a considerable size difference! What engine are you using?

(and Jburry is right about it being relative, so just use it directly from the plan)
Old 06-14-2007, 10:15 PM
OzMo

os 120 four stroke...... well errrr ummmm actually i have a tt42 with mouse can muffler that should be fine on it. 37" is one inch wider than a holysmoke and 40ish 2strokers work well on those. i was looking for a holy smoke plan when i bumped into the lil streak.
also i have several la 15s from combat days and i made a set of lil streak plans for that as well. i have been building for years and can do my own cores so i will go with well skelitonized foam cores. i like poly glued sash cord for spars. make a grove for tight fit saturate 1/8"dia. sash cord with gorilla glue. spray 3m 77 across the grove place cord and cover with bidi tape...wala instant spar...can bend at dihedral joints wing joint etc place back in saddles to cure with wieghts over night. one on top and one on bottom = tough enough!
i've had to travel home to see moms a lot more often so the 15 lil steak will be sweet to stash in the trunk.

where are the ailerons on the lil streak plans? i don't recall seeing them.

a buddy wants a copy of the enlarged plans for a .25 should be ok for a newby i think.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 PM
ptulmer

There's your first issue. The ailerons were based on the size of the trailing edge. It was just 1/4" aileron stock. (think lazy, I do!) I'd bet that 3/8 aileron stock would do the job for you. As a side note, the LS was designed to be a very easy to fly delta wing with an extra slow landing speed. Sized up that should still work fine, and I'd bet that at ~37" it would do very well with a .25. I've got another delta called the "Interceptor" that's 36" in span and flies with a .25 or .32, but a light .40 would work. You'll be pushing the limits with a .42, but the mousse can muffler will help a lot. (the limits are decided by the weight and balance, not the airframe!)
Old 06-16-2007, 10:03 AM
OzMo

i sure like the "think simple " mode of design. perhaps that is why so many lil streaks are around. the tt42 shouldn't be much heavier than a BB 25? but i have an os 25 fp that would be fine as well. i'll pop em on a scale then decide. i was gonna use Hitec HS - 81MG servos they should be perfect for thi .15 size but do you think these will be ok on the 37" span version? also thought i would just do music wire skids to save wieght. i'll post pics when i get mine going.
our local flying club likes to do club builds in the winter. last winter we scratched out a dozen of dave robelin's ( we'll miss him) parakeet bipes. sweet plane but a lot of parts for a scratch build . i think some lil streaks are in order for next winter!
Old 06-16-2007, 10:27 AM
ptulmer

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I was agreeing that your buddy would be fine with the .25 on the same size enlargement. For the servos, you should have room for standards, and they're cheap. The only Hitec servo I know anything about is the HS-55.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 PM
OzMo

the hs 81 mg are comon in SSC combat as the MG stands for metal gear. and so they should be cool for about any .15 powered rig. i will use standards on the bigger one to be safe. i may also use a 25 one the bigger one and it could easily be PLENTY fast for me.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:16 PM
OzMo

[:@]well all building has stopped becaus i had a c5/c6 fusion on 7/5. thats a BIG pain in the neck. and to add insult to surgery my computer's mother board was wiped out by lightning. so i can't post pics for a while either, but i did get started on the 36" steak.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:26 PM
OzMo

here are the pics so far! got the new computor ticking. pic # 4 shows the top folded over. notice that there is a little extra coro. the extra will be folded up to form a subfin and be fastened together as well ( 1 vertical fin will be in the center ) the 4 mil coro elevons are not shown. i will decide what motor depending on wieght needed, or not, on the nose for balance. all the gear will be able to be placed forward of the CG if needed. and yup that is a swissed cheese piece of good ole gutter spout in the fuse center.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24924.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	727154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84948.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	727155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22025.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	727156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn33052.jpg
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	727157  
Old 07-20-2007, 08:35 PM
ptulmer

Looks like you've got the SPAD process down to an art! Lookin' good so far.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
OzMo

thanks for the excellent plans!! i have to say i'm getting kind of excited to fly this "lil beast"