Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

What the Heck happened to Norvell?

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

What the Heck happened to Norvell?

Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 PM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the Heck happened to Norvell?

Are they or arent they?

I am apparently lucky enough to still have a .049, a .061, AND my favorite a .074!

are they nill now, or what? Who is making throttleable (is that a word? lol ) small less than .10 sized motors?

Bipe, Rog, BMatthews? any help here?

L.R. [8D]
Old 06-17-2007, 08:47 PM
bsteckler

Default RE: What the Heck happened to Norvell?

Norvell is kaput. I have switched to PAW diesels for small throttled engines. I have used their .40's for some time, but have recently purchased their .033 (PAW 55). Haven't flown it yet but have been very impressed with its throttle response and power during break-in.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:01 PM
digital_trucker

Default RE: What the Heck happened to Norvell?

Norvel is no more. Das ist kaputski. The AP .061 that Tower carries is an almost direct copy of the pre-revlite Norvel. They're not quite the quality, but mine at least starts and runs very well. It took a while to break in and become reliable, though...it'll haul my 18oz Q-Tee almost vertical. The throttle response is very good and it idles well too. I'm getting roughly 18K with a Graupner 6x3 and Sig 1/2A fuel...and a Hypercolor turbohead with an OS P8 turbo plug.