Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

New Fuselage Fixture

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

New Fuselage Fixture

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fuselage Fixture

Well it took several years to teach him but here it is. What's nice is he never misses a building session. Lets see yours!!!!

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15231.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	714802  
Old 07-02-2007, 07:27 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: New Fuselage Fixture

It's cute until they eat a fuselage. Funny thing is that I threw it away over the weekend after it sat there for a year or I could show you a picture. There wasn't a whole lot left. Now he just steals my rags and drags them out to the back of the property. Big rags and a little cat. Like towels and shirts!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 PM
burtcs

Rick:

I have noticed they shed a lot. Plus, they don't always sit still while the glue dries.

regards - Steve B.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
beenie
My Feedback: (9)

When mine was young, she used to like to eat the tails of my smaller airplanes. Ailerons too. Not much help in the shop but here she is inspecting the cowling for my Gee Bee a few years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62500.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	716810  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rick W

Well it took several years to teach him but here it is. What's nice is he never misses a building session. Lets see yours!!!!

Rick
Our female cat managed to force her way into a box with three Mini Stick indoor models - the effect was much the same as putting them in the blender. Other than that they aren't much of a problem in the workshop, other than sharpening their claws on the bench legs, or my leg if I don't pay enough attention.

We had a rabbit some years ago that would sometimes be allowed to wander around the ground floor. Until it gnawed the aileron and part of the wing off a pattern plane of mine, that is.

MJD
Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My cat has an amazing ability to jump onto the bench and not step on anything other than the table. He seems to go high and in that split second sees the landing spots and has yet to break anything... I'm often amazed. I don't normally leave delicates in harms way but you know how it is during building. But so far no damage.

I do notice little tooth marks in the odd plane and sheet of wood.... He'll most likely say that it wasn't him though. He's pretty darn good at denying any wrongdoing even when you catch him in the act..... must have been a politician in a previous life....
Old 07-16-2007, 09:12 AM
beenie
My Feedback: (9)

Bruce, that reminds me, she loves the taste of balsa, or maybe its the texture. I'll find lots of tooth marks in sheets and especally the larger sticks. I also think that she has sprayed my balsa pile[:'(]
Ben
Old 07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always suspected it's the texture they like.

I had a partially built glider that a cat discovered. Next I saw of it, every block of balsa in it was filled with pin holes. He didn't chew it to pieces, just enough to poke his teeth into every square inch of wing tips and other carved blocks. It was actually pretty funny.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Thanks guys,

Yea, he's a kick too have around. I've repaired several teeth, pin holes, but no biggie when ya get one that's fun. Now the other three are a different story.

Rick
Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 PM
longdan

I have 2 dogs that love to grab on to each end of a stick and play tug of war with it, grabbing it a bit further in once the end is too chewed to hold on to. One time, I was building a GP Spirit glider, and I had put the fuse outside because the CA fumes were getting a bit much inside. Well, my 2 mongrels got hold of it thinking it was a nice smooth square stick. There was not a lot left over, and they were 2 sorry mutts after that. Luckily GP include a full set of plans with their kits and I was able to knock up a new one.
From then on, I have kept animals and plane building well separated.