Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Free 1/2a pylon racer plan downloads?

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Free 1/2a pylon racer plan downloads?

Old 03-07-2003, 04:58 AM
Hummve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free 1/2a pylon racer plan downloads?

anybody know of any free 1/2a pylon racer plans that are free to download cad would be nice but i want to build one my club's got races every month.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:10 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't know about actual 049 powered stuff but there's lots of electric Speed400 stuff around. And as it's DXF or DWG files just scale them to fit your rules for wing area if needed. Do a google.com search for "speed 400 pylon plans" and I'm sure you'll come up with some.

We need a plans library on this site.....
Old 03-07-2003, 05:14 AM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Bruce,
What do you envision as a plans library?
Site links, index, actual plans?
Dave
Old 03-07-2003, 05:24 AM
BMatthews

I'm going to suggest it to Marc but it's far from reality at this point. But I'm thinking it would be a great service for RCU to offer.

I see it as an add-on to the pictures gallery. We all have so much room to post pics. I don't see why we can't post a plan or two in place of a few pics.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:27 AM
skimmer

Hey hummve, If you want a fast, light pylon racer that wont deflate your wallet you should get a Vertigo wing from Chad (I don't know if you know him but he is in the club and goes to the races) I built one and even though I am fairly new to RC mine ended up at 10.25 ounces and it screams. I haven't had a chance to get it up with any other racers to compare speeds but it looks very fast. If you use weight saving building techniques you could get the plane in the 9-9.5 ounce range easily. I personally like how the wing handles and I highly recommend it to any racers.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:35 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default free plans

hey Hummve, I have several 1/2A pylon racer plans available on my website. All free. Check your local rules though, some of the designs may need a little adaptation to fit your rules.

My fastest is the Caliente. I think there might be one under construction right now in your area, but I am not completely sure of that.

Go to www.geocities.com/matchlessaero/

and go to the Download Plans Page, or the Caliente page.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	60992_1630.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	37614  
Old 03-07-2003, 05:46 AM
Hummve

huh crazy a post frome a club member i just posted it about 1/2 an hr ago lol
Old 03-07-2003, 05:48 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Default plans library

Bruce,

I think that a plans library is a great idea.

Lately I have been trying to get as many plans as I can afford. I am constantly searching and I probably spend more time gazing at the RCM Plans Catalog than any Model Magazine. The two constants by my bed right now are that and the January issue of M.A.N. with the big list of plans with photo's in the centerfold.

I think it would be nice to just trade them. I have checked out fullsize printing and it's not cheap but if it was a plan for a plan it would even out.

It might be nice to get a bunch of people who were willing to do that and make a database of who they are and what they have. That way as peoples collections grow so can everyone elses.

It just seems so insane to have to pay so much for drawings of planes. Sure, I understand that at some point somebody had to sit down and draw them out but with CAD these days the "hand drawn" value is just not the same.

I have about a dozen 1/2a plans right now, if anyone wants a list email me and I'll send you one. I'd be more than happy to trade for some more 1/2a plans.

Bruce, you can count me IN, I don't have much to offer but what I have I am willing to offer to everyone of you guys.

timothy
Old 03-07-2003, 05:59 AM
Hummve

if i make some cad plans i would post them on a plans page
Old 03-07-2003, 07:55 AM
BMatthews

Prole, I'm not talking about a commercial plans library. We can't do that anyway thanks to copyright laws I'm sure. I was just thinking of a hoard of CAD files for our original designs that we don't mind sharing with the world. No copyright problems that way.

Of course this would only be for the lazy people among us like myself that don't have our own web site like some here do.....

Yeah, matchless I'm staring at YOU...

BTW guys, I'm going to be away on business for a week and no computer. Try to get along without me.....
Old 03-07-2003, 08:11 AM
ryanrink

i think that is a GREAT idea
Old 03-09-2003, 06:08 AM
mikegordon

Hi Humvee, This would be another UVA member. I put out the newsletter and have been racing 1/2 A for a dozen years or so. The first race of 2003 (a "Tune Up") is next weekend in Payson. Chad LeBarron also has foam cores for a 1/2 A Racer. I used several. We just scratch build a fuse and go that way. No plan just build it. If you need help e-mail me. I'd be glad to do whatever I can.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:40 AM
skimmer

Chad LeBaron also has some great kits. I dint mind scratch building but sometimes it is just nice to have an easy to build kit instead. Here is a pic of my little racer, nothing fancy bu it works fo me. Hope this works
Old 03-13-2003, 04:08 AM
onecb
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Mike Gordon where do you race in Payson?

Alvin
Old 03-13-2003, 04:40 AM
mikegordon

The Utah Valley Aeromodelers has permission to hold 1 race a month - March thru November.
These are the only authorized use. The location is the Emerald Turf Turf Farm. To get there you get off I-15 on the second Payson Exit, turn East over the freeway then the first road that goes south (Turf Farm Road) follow it till you see us. Start time is 10:00 Saturday next. People will start getting there around 9. This is the only flying we have permission to do there.