Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

23,6" christen eagle

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

23,6" christen eagle

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Dan.P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 23,6" christen eagle

I have just ordered some plans of a 23,6" christen eagle, i plan on using a OS. 15 CV-A engine with hitec micro/mini servos it gonna have a weight of about 24,7 oz. Do you think it will fly, i am not really farmillier with models this small. Here is a picture of it with the guy that designd it.

Old 03-11-2003, 09:33 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Default too much...

That OS 15 will be way too heavy for it... At only 24" or so, you'll need to save as much weight as you possibly can.

I'd go .061, or electric, geared Sp400 or some such....

Whatever your choice, light is right!

My .02,

phil in austin

BTW, a really neat looking little plane!
Old 03-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Dan.P

Thanks Phil.

The designer flew it with an old os 15 and that is what he recomends. I have a old pilot christen eagle with a wingspan of 51" with a st 90 thet is very heavy but it still can fly at a walking pase beacause the fuse also lifts quite a bit and i also fly a extra 325 with about the same wing area as the litlle eagle and it has a weight of 42,3 oz and a os 25 that flies soooooo good. And i really dont like electrics and and the and under 10 engines. and the os 15 CV-A id pretty light.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Herr engineering makes a kit for a small Pits sized very close to that Christen Eagle. I have seen two built with electric systems (I know you want the .15) but they were great flying little planes. The nice thing is that they're laser cut kits.
http://www.iflyherr.com/cgi-bin/dpsm...nuF.html?E+Hrr