Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Norvel Pusher

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:32 PM
goldguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Norvel Pusher

I have an Electrajet from E-Flight that really doesn't wind my crank. I'm going to go glow, as in a Norvel .061 pusher. Anyone out there have any experience with a pusher Norvel, any problems?

I put lots of flights on an Astro Blaster with a pusher Cox TD .049 and found it caused excessive wear on the prop hub.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:46 PM
Lorduss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Norvel Pusher

i recal reading in another post in this forum, that the norvels seem to heat up alittle to much, and that someone else used a heli head for better aircooling when going with a pusher design.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:14 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Default Norvel Pusher

well, the f104 does fine, the global mirage I stuffed an 061 in ran fine, and I scratch built an f-18 a few years back with both non throttled norvel 049 and td 049, it ran well also. used hayes 2 oz. facing forward w/ long fuel lines, only put about an ounce in for balance purpose. They seem to heat up on the ground, but do ok in the air. excessive wear? time will tell, but if it eats up in several months, will let you guys know. but hey, it is worth the money for the cool factor!
Old 03-16-2003, 04:56 PM
SRA Foam Flyer
My Feedback: (11)

Default Norvel Pusher

My firebats do great, I use the norvel AME .061 on them. People can't believe it's 1/2 A. Do a search on firebats in this forum. Well there is one small problem, norvels don't runs in reverse like other cox engines can, and there is a lack of pusher props for 1/2 A. Cox has a 3 bladed 5X3, it works ok, but lacks real performance. Hobby Lobby has a Kavan 7x4 pusher that the norvel will swing, but it's a little too big, you can cut it down to 5.5x4. Tornado has a hug line of 1/2 A props, but I can't get any response from them by email or phone. Their website is working and takes orders, but I have been waiting since november 2002 for my props to arrive.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:38 PM
goldguy

Default Norvel Pusher

I have some Tornado pusher 6x3's and 5 1/2x3's.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:17 AM
gws1
My Feedback: (13)

Default thrust washer

Cox used to have a very thin washer that could be placed between the crankcase and the thrust washer. Years ago I wrote in to Cox (pre-Estes) and asked about pusher configurations and they sent me a couple of the washers. Don't know what I did with them, but I remember them being very thin.