"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

COX J3 Cub

Old 03-14-2003, 05:48 AM
Big_3Dan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default COX J3 Cub

Hello there

I recently bought a COX control line J3 cub. I found it cheap at $18 and all i wanted was the engine. This one is made out of plastic so i know that i can't ad rc to it it's to heavy IMHO. So my plan is to make a replica of this one with balsa. My doubts are bout the dimesions. The wing is 22 inches long and it's pretty wide. I don't think the plane is to scale but it looks very well proportioned. For this kind of wing. How much weight can i use? The setup I plan to use is: 049 with carb but can be electric (what kind of motor if it was electric??), Micro or submicro servos, just 3 channels. Aileron elavator and trhotle. I don't like dihedral on J3's thats why i wanna use ailerons. The wing has an aproximate of 90 to a 100 square inches. Well what kind of setup/ RC equipment should i use!? What are the pros an cons of the setup i wanna use? Which one is better or more reliable for this little thing? What would you ideas be if you were building one of this??

Any opinion ides send right in! Thanks in advanced guys!

PR