Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Davis Diesel Development?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Davis Diesel Development?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Davis Diesel Development?

I recently bought a Cox piston reset tool from Davis on ebay. I sent them a money order and they haven't replied back about receiving it after a couple of weeks. Tried to contact them thru ebay messages, emailed the addy on their website, and attempted to call them without any luck. Has anyone heard anything regarding these folks lately? I don't know if my money order was lost in the mail or if anyone has been around at Davis Diesel to process the order if it did arrive. Also noticed that they don't have any more items listed on eBay currently. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:09 AM
burtcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Davis Diesel Development?

TB:

I never heard of anyone who could get them by phone. Goggle for Davis Diesel Development, their web page was up the last time I looked. Maybe off for vacation...

regards - Steve B.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Tee Bee

Thanks. That's what I'm wondering as well.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try calling Bob during business hours on a week day. When I got my reset tool and diesel conversion I called, Bob was the one who answered the phone - got right through, and it was just after lunch. I ended up talking to him for close to 45 minutes. He's loaded with the history of Cox engines.

Hogflyer
Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 PM
gabe200
My Feedback: (21)

i order from them last month a cox reset tool no problem and i just purchased a gasket set no problem hes always responded to my e mails nice person
Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 PM
tewitt1949

I talked to him also. Been a couple months ago. Nice guy. Terry
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob kept me on the phone for at least half an hour a few weeks back. I got a great story about how the Star Wars movies were the true demise of Cox. Who would have guessed? Anyway, they might be on vacation. I also ordered a reset tool from DD through ebay and got it in a week or so. Just keep trying. Like tewitt1949 said, he's a nice guy.

David
Old 08-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Tee Bee

Thanks all. I finally got a reply back. Looks look the post office lost my money order. Now I've got to send another.[:@]
Old 08-19-2007, 10:50 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: rainedave
Bob kept me on the phone for at least half an hour a few weeks back. I got a great story about how the Star Wars movies were the true demise of Cox. Who would have guessed? Anyway, they might be on vacation. I also ordered a reset tool from DD through ebay and got it in a week or so. Just keep trying. Like tewitt1949 said, he's a nice guy.
David
The story I got (not from Bob) is that they produced a couple of plastic RTF's that were sold through Wal-Mart. When they didn't sell, Cox had to buy them back for what they cost, plus what Wal-Mart would have made. BIG loss. Remember, this is just rumor, it may be incorrect.

I remember Cox liquidating them CHEAP. I think I paid ~ $5.00 for some Naboo fighters. I think they sold them through Tower. It's been so long I'm not sure. Still got several of the Naboo Fighters. Gave some away, had to try one. It would go round and round. Took all the guts of that nice little "Sure Start" to keep it airborne.

I have done business with Bob, though it's been years. Seemed like a nice guy. Very knowledgeable about his products.

George
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Tee Bee

I reached him by phone and he is a super nice guy. I'd recommend doing business with him. I was ordering an .049 piston reset tool and he went into details about the cox piston manufacturing process and the metallurgy involved. I'd recommend doing business with the company directly and avoiding the hassles I went through dealing with ebay in the middle.