Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

TD 010 Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 05:32 AM
Big Al-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TD 010 Question

Hi guys,
Is there a difference between the old red tank and the current black tank engines? Reason I ask is that a red tank just went for $69 (63 + 6 S&H) on ebay (3120159150). This was an 'excellant' red tank but was used and no box. I can see a collector paying a premium for a mint red tank NIB, but not for a runner. Tower lists the 010 at 61.99 and you can find them at 59.95. I want to pick up another couple 010's but is there something that i don't know? Seems that I heard the current product is being built from existing parts? True or not, does it matter?
Thanks,
al
Old 03-19-2003, 03:56 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little .010....

Hey Al, this is second hand, but I have been told that the red case/gold anodized .010's have more punch than the newer black and silver .010's.

I have a red/gold anodized .010 that I am running now, and it most definitely has punch. I have a new black/silver .010 on the way, but have not run it yet to make a side by side comparison to verify what I have always heard.....