Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Just saw a new product!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Just saw a new product!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:50 AM
treedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saw a new product!

Hi all. Just saw a new prduct to me that might be used for race plane skins on the DIY network. It says it was aluminum laminate. Comes in diff colors and looks real shiny and might be aerodinamic. Havent seen it in person yet. TD[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM
lildiesel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just saw a new product!

Are you referring to the metal finish laminates used in kitchen, bath, and bar decoration? The samples of that stuff I've seen are too thick ( 1/32 or greater) for a plane covering and have some sort of plastic (phenolic?) backing to it that, while bendable, won't take a curvature small enough to do a model airplane.

Now, if they could put that kind of finish on something as thin as Mylar film, that would be worth experimenting with!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

there is an alum siding product, alum. /poly/ alum., about 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick. I thought would make killer motor mounts or slab combat fuses.[sm=50_50.gif] tougher than all get out.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 PM
treedog

Thats' what i was thinking that they could take a few layers out and adapt it for skins, cause it looked really tough TD