Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

any of you guys going to Toledo next weekend?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

any of you guys going to Toledo next weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 02:51 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any of you guys going to Toledo next weekend?

Hey guys, I make the 12 hour drive to the Toledo show each year for the best RC weekend of the year!

Anyone who hangs out here going? It would be neat to bump into each other...

I usually wear my clubs (TARMAC, Temiskaming And Region Model Aircraft Club) dark blue jacket and it has large TARMAC in white across the back. Also covered in club patches! If you bump into me say hello! I usually hang out in the swap meet area most of the time...

Our club name is pretty easy to remember, so keep a look out...

Andrew Coholic
ajcoholic
Old 03-29-2003, 12:03 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know, I've never been! I might go to sun-n-fun this year, and maybe top gun (both are here), But there aren't many 1/2 a's at top gon, so I might pass.

Funny thing about scale contests; I was flying in one a couple years back, everyone doing the fig.8 and chandelles, etc. Well, I overheard a spectator walking by saying, "boy, these are nice airplanes. I wonder when they are going to do something?" He didn't realize that just by flying around they were competing.

Must be like golf: more fun to do than to watch!

p.s.; I flew a 1/2a both years I flew in it! Didn't win, but everyone remembered them!

p.p.s.; going to the club swap meet today, wish me luck, I hope I find some neat junk and stuff!
Old 03-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Legend4

I will be there on Saturday. I will be going on a bus trip with the London club. I look forward to this every year as well. What a great time. I hope to see you there.

Trev
Old 03-30-2003, 03:52 AM
BALSABRO
My Feedback: (3)

Default Toledo

AJ

I'm going to Toledo,, should be there fRIDAY , I belong to the same club as MATCHLESSAERO""" I love the header pipe you made... I'll see MATCH tommorrow going to fly some c/l !/2A if weather is good... anything to pass on to Match
Old 03-30-2003, 04:19 AM
Dave Campbell

I'll probably be there all three days, dependant on what I can get done between now and then. Things are hectic lately and I'm keeping wierd hours to make ends meet after yet another lay-off last month.

We should arrange a time/day for the 1/2Aer's to meet.

Dave