Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Mini telemater Hobby lobby

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Mini telemater Hobby lobby

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mini telemater Hobby lobby

Just got my mini telemaster today for $77,50 very nice 48 inch span fuselage laser cut ply and sheeted with balsa front to back, surprise for an electric, top notch good hardware, the front firewall will be cut out and a new one put in 1 and 3/4 inchs back from present electric motor one ,1/8 or 3/16 ply to hold a motor mount again hardware excellent, no upgrades needed, this is a great plane for a small glow or diesel say 06 to maybe a 10> I have a variety of engines AP hornet 09 (2) one stock glow the other a diesel conversion (A.J/Coholic made the head also could use my MMVS 09 diesel or OS 10 glow or diesel I did opt for the aileron wing so have both options with and without ailerons ( will use both) will post some pix when done, lots of room so adding a micro servo
for throttle and a 2 oz tank no issues. I called up Hobby Lobby and talked to one of the reps and told him what I was doing "silence" for a few moments
and then he asked "how far back on the firewall" He thought a great idea told him it would be a great addition to the line for the 1/2A folks he fully agreed
and thought a great idea well we will see martin

Since these folks are 95% electric that was a surprise

whoops typo that should be Telemaster on the heading
Old 11-15-2007, 08:34 PM
ebeneezer3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini telemater Hobby lobby

I was looking at my kit last night. I thought the FW needs to go back about an inch for my PAW 061 to fit in. I expect to cover it with Lite Span since I've heard that diesel fuel does a number on iron on plastic. It looks like it will be right an home in my cow pasture. I want to make it my next project.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 PM
AMB

THe 061 should be perfect, iron on is fine for glow.diesel. gasoline, just make sure edges well sealed and motor area and front inside coated with thinned epoxy so no oil soak issues matrin
Old 11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
AMB

Ok guys the hack job has started cut out the electric fire wall and putting in a new one 1 3/4" back
1/8 ply will add triangle stock each side to beef up also cut top and bottom sheeting for access I have decided on the OS 10 davis conversion should swing a 9x3 to 9x4 or 5 prop at around 10000 nice cruising at
8000 or so should give at least 15 min on a 2 oz tank Will post some pix when a little further along
and engine mounted< Davis said could even go to a 15 but based on my little cub same wing span
over kill martin