Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

cox fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:34 PM
layback2
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cox fuel tank

ON the cox .049 dragon fly engine/tank the black one have a gasket on the back cover or did it not leak by tighten the four bolts that held the tank.engine to your plane or do you need to seal it with something
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77560.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	806698  
Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cox fuel tank

It has a gasket... Very hard to find these days. You will have to make your own.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 PM
layback2
My Feedback: (12)

Have you had or tryed a PRESSURE BLADDER from texas timers the reason i was going to use the .049 dragon fly because it had a build tank on it.The 1/2a steath sport i have does not have much room up front to use a TD.049 i really wanted to use not even enoght room for a 1 oz round tank and read that a pressure bladder could be put in the back of the plane were there was room and holds enoght pressure to keep a TD fueled even inverted can hold 2 0z or more fuel thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Try smearing some hi temp gasket sealer on saran wrap cover with an additional sheet of saran wrap and GENTLY press the part the gasket goes on to make an impression. don't squish it all out though. let it cure and cut it out later. Or just use a tooth pic and seal it with the same sealer. the stuff should stick well enough to be permenent but it will make a good seal.