Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Need Help with Plans

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Need Help with Plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:22 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help with Plans

Hi there all. I have aquired a set of Lazy Bee plans from someone here in pdf. format. It is great that I got the plans but need help printing. My local printer is not open and am not sure if he can print them for me. I would like to get them tiled in Tile Print but Bipe Flyer hasn't been around lately either so I cannot get the program either. So what I am asking is this. Does anyone out here have Tile Print and would be willing to do me this huge favour of tiling the plans for me? Files are a bit big so doing so in parts would also be alright. Thanks in advance to anyone who would be willing to help.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need Help with Plans

ORIGINAL: NEW222

I would like to get them tiled in Tile Print but Bipe Flyer hasn't been around lately either so I cannot get the program either.
[link=http://www.blackflight.com/tileprint/]Here[/link] is his website.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:11 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Check around for a local draughting service store that does black line prints. They'll have plotters that can do your plans in full size on one piece of paper. Cost will be around $15 or so.

And you're right in that he hasn't been posting here a lot lately. But if you email him through his site in the above link I'm sure you'll hear back from him quickly.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:58 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your a scool aged person drop by the drafting class and see if the teacher will print it out for you. Our last club president is a drafting teacher and has a nice wide printer with rolls of 36 inchwide paper. But we never printed any silly model airplane plans on it
Old 12-15-2007, 01:04 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tips given here. Got me someone who is already in process of tiling them. Never thought of the drafting thing.

BMatthews- Mailed him over a week ago at his site and still no reply. Maybe he is out and about on holidays. Also thanks.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Bad_Daddy

I THINK the standard Acrobat Reader gives you the option of printing in "Tiled" format. I have Acrobat Pro, but when I click on the Acrobat Print Icon (NOT the regular print icon), a slightly different print screen pops up. Then, under "Page Scaling" I select "Tile Large Pages", "Tile Scale" is 100%, "Overlap" is set to 0.10" and "Cut Marks" are set to "Western-style". Depending on the page shape, setting the printer to Landscape may reduce the number of pages.
Somebody out there with the free Acrobat Reader, take a look at your Acrobat Print Icon (NOT the regular print icon) and see if it gives the same options.

Oh, Chancey, check your email.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Yo Big D,

I tried the only two ways to get to the Print function (the icon and from 'file, print) in my free Adobe Reader. No luck.

But I do use Bipe Flyer's TilePrint - I'm a happy customer.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:11 AM
maineac58

There is also IsiPlot.. you would have to convert the pdf to jpg, etc but the program works very well. I have used it several times.

Good luck

Carl