Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cheap 3.6 g servos

Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Half-A-Hec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap 3.6 g servos

I was on that auction website and stumbled across this item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320202460039

Pretty cheap. I wonder what brand they are. I asked the seller and he tells me that he is under a Non Disclosure Agreement with the manufacturer. Any ideas on brand?

Hec
Old 01-03-2008, 02:43 PM
chevy43

Default RE: Cheap 3.6 g servos

Arrow? Who esle makes them that size?
Old 01-03-2008, 03:14 PM
gabe200
My Feedback: (21)

i would not trust them in my plane thats what they are cheap
Old 01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
propjobbill

If it's low price you are after check out hobbycity http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=5459 I have bought a number of the 9 gram servos they work great lots of power for the size. The link is for a 3.7 gram servo for less than $4.00
Old 01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Half-A-Hec

Now those are Cheeeeeep!

Hec
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: propjobbill

If it's low price you are after check out hobbycity...
Have any you regular posters here on the 1/2 A forum purchased anything from Hobby City? Because of their very low prices I have been very tempted. Looking at their website shows lots of "reviews" of their products, and it makes them look good.

Doing some online searching though, I have found some distressing comments stating that they will REMOVE any reviews posted with less than three stars!
Indeed - checking several of their listings with this thought in mind - I did not find any review comments posted giving less than three stars.

Anyway, I would like to hear some comments from anyone here who has had an experience with Hobby City - good or bad.

Arlen
Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
longdan

I have placed a couple of orders with them. No problems at all. The stuff arrived quickly with no hassles. The checkout part of their website is very good with postal rates updated as you add things to your cart, and it shows you how much weight you have available before you have to pay more postage. You can even choose the amount to be shown on the customs declaration.
No invoice comes with the package though, and it is labelled as 'toy' and 'gift' on the customs declaration.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
propjobbill

I have placed 6 or 7 orders with hobby city, and have found that there products were as advertized. The only bad thing I can say about them at this point is that all the orders come direct from China, an that means waiting from 2 to 3 weeks on your order. Every order I have placed so far has been filled correctly. And from the reports I have heard they do right by their costomers.

As you have said maybe they coverup for bad service. My two big complaints are the time for shipping, and also very important everything is shipped by mail you can pay extra for a fast service, I don't remember what they call it. And if your order has a lot of weight it really cost a lot. every thing is figured on gram weight up to 100 grams is about $3.00 and 200 grams is about $5.00. If you click on shipping they tell you how much weight for how much money. One oz is about 28.4 grams so weight adds up fast.

If you are not going to keep the weight down they cost too much for shipping. They do have representitives here in ths US from what I understand. If they would open a warehouse here in the US and bring it across on a ship they might be a real threat to US hobby shops

Hope these comments help, I am not telling you to buy from them. Maybe in the future I will have a bad experience from them, but for now if it's lige weight small orders of say $100.00 or less they are hard to beat.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:39 PM
SGC

Arlen,
I too have purchased from them and got good service, 1 of the props I wanted was on backorder so I used there email request on the item, when they got them in stock they emailed to let me know and I placed my order, everything arrived , postage was registered and took 10 days from china. Check out there JFX props saddly nothing under 7x4, nice props for 09's and up.
Stewart
Old 01-03-2008, 09:39 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a bad experience with Hobby City, but eventually they resolved my issue. It took two months from the time they took my money until they delivered the product I ordered--first they "lost" my order, then sent the wrong thing. I was persistent in pushing them to fix their mistake and it eventually worked out. As for their product, as long as you realize it's worth what you're paying for it and not much more, you'll be happy. Generally their descriptions are accurate and the level of quality is what you'd expect from the pictures posted on the site.