Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Berg Microstamp Help

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Berg Microstamp Help

Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
BSARGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berg Microstamp Help

I am posting this in this forum since so many here use this receiver. I was finishing up the radio installation on my Blink in hopes of test flying it this Wed, when I accidentally pulled the antenae wire out of the receiver.[:@] I peeled back the covering slightly, but I am not sure where to solder the wire back, there seems to be a very small contact and a larger one. Or does it get soldered back underneath, it looks like there is a small hole to run the wire through. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

thanks!
-Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52592.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	875511  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:53 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Berg Microstamp Help

I don't know if this will help, but it's attached very close to the corner of the pc board.

David

Name:	Mk25734.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	875547  
Old 02-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one of those in my LaStick and it works great so I bought another one last month for my Skydrill project and the crystal jiggled in the plug causing intermittent power losses. I sent it back to Tower last week and am hoping that the next one works as good as the first one I bought. I've heard from a couple of others that the antenna pulls out easily. Good luck soldering yours back together.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:20 AM
RocketRob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe it goes through the large hole as strain relief then gets soldered to the board - or jst send back to Castle Creations and they may very well repair it under warranty - extremely good customer service!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:28 AM
MJD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It comes down through the top of the pc board as shown, right in the corner, then bends 90 degrees along the end of the board and solders right next to the through-hole. Hope these pics help. Once repaired, I would be tempted to strain relief it a bit better, such as a drop of plastic CA on the top of the pc board where it feed through, bonding the insulation to the pc board. Or leave a little slack in the 90 bend on the underside with a small loop, bring the antenna back around the edge of the board and feed it through the loop to effect a sort of knot. Watch fatiguing the wire, don't yank things tight.

MJD

p.s. that is also a Blink underneath the Rx. Likely needs 2-3 hours of work to finish, and it has been like that for weeks.. sad.

Name:	Ol31341.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	876623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22217.jpg
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	876624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30587.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB