Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

globee cox heads

Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default globee cox heads

Any reason why these things are bringing so much? I think I have two or three in my stuff, haven't used 'em in a long time.

Here's the particular listing on that auction place... 180215149928

Just wondering. I would think this day & age that a turbo plug head conversion would be just the ticket.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: globee cox heads

I have to agree on the advantages of turbo heads. They come in hot, medium, cold and some of them are reasonably priced (read that, not O.S.). But best of all is that they are available. I get mine at a local car-oriented hobby shop (they order 'real' stuff for me too).
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

There's no accounting for the buying tastes of the dreaded "Collectors"....

I'm watching some Cox auctions and the prices that common PeeWees are going for is ludicrous.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 PM
fizzwater2

I hear you - but, every once in a while you get fairly lucky. I picked up a nice clean peewee .020 the other day for 13.50 + a reasonable shipping charge. I was really looking for a crank & prop drive plate to fix one I have with the front snapped off the crank, but the whole engine was only 13.50..

Old 02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2
...but the whole engine was only 13.50..
But you still need parts to fix the other one....
Old 02-19-2008, 12:19 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm boycotting the bay for the stupid changes they have made.[:@] Jacked up the prices for the little guys like me trying to make a few bucks till my disability is approved. I was quite happy to sell the Glow Bee setup I had. I had never used it.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The KK needle assembly is worth the price if you run with pressure. It has a fine thread. Dale Kirn offered performance accessories for years, including a TD backplate with pressure nipple (again, for pressure running).

The Glo Bee were great plugs, but no longer made.

Here is a TD .051 with the KK needle and Glo Bee head:

George
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39424.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	883050  
Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
fizzwater2

I used to run the KK needle valves for sure. My son got 2nd place (junior) 1/2A profile proto speed at the NATS in Texas, I believe it was 1992. I really haven't run much 1/2A stuff since then. Mostly he got 2nd place Junior by persevering, and getting in an official flight or two. We weren't all that fast, but it was fun! The engine even had a left-hand crank in it to help keep that itty airplane out on the end of the lines. That was bladder fed, so the fine thread needle valve really helped out.

Somewhere in that old stuff I think I have 3 or 4 of the globee heads and a clamp for the .049's. Are they much better, if any, than a turbo plug head? If so, I might keep 'em, if not, it might be worth selling them to get a conversion head. Those 4 on the'bay the other day sold for over 100 bucks! Sheesh..