Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

old question, I'm sure..

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

old question, I'm sure..

Old 02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default old question, I'm sure..

I just picked up a Norvel BigMig 061 r/c and was wanting to ask - with the demise of Norvel and the plugs hard to find, who makes a good turbo plug head (or even a decent regular 1/4/32 plug or a Nelson plug) for the 061?

I know this is probably an old question, but figured it wouldn't hurt to maybe help out other Norvel newbies like me...

A while back I picked up an Ace Upstart II kit, was going to put a TD in it, but found this Norvel for a decent price and thought the throttle would be fun. Used to run TD 049's on pressure w/ Fox "missle mist" if I remember correctly, and no throttle. I think with the new lightweight radio gear, throttle will be fun in a 1/2 A

Thanks,
Old 02-23-2008, 12:46 PM
GrahamC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: old question, I'm sure..

Best bang for the buck is to use a Galbreath head and Nelson Glow plug, both available from Larry Driskill at http://www.kittingittogether.com/

You will see both right on the front page of the web site. head is $10 plugs are $4.25

cheers, Graham