Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

C37

Old 03-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Walther
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C37

Well I have everything built for the Don Srull Cessna C37 but the wing. I would like to know what you would do with the plane, leave it 3 channel or flatten the wing out and go 4? If you went with flattening it out should I give it any dihedral at all?

I also have a PAW .06 RC engine in hand for this plane.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: C37

I believe that the top of the wings were straight but the taper introduces a hint of dihedral in the lower surface.

The choice of which way to go pretty much depends on your flying habits. But with the light servo choices we have these days there's only a very small weight penalty to pay and you get a lot more versatility out of the model with ailerons.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:07 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's right, straight on top, with the taper forming a slight dihedral angle on the bottom. You could fly it this way even without ailerons, but only in calm conditions. You would still get the nice scale look, but it would be risky to fly in the wind, and it would have almost no aerobatic ability.

You have to suit yourself on this. I thought the dihedral looked dorky on Srull's model in Model Aviation, but he must not have minded it, and maybe you wouldn't either. But with micro servos so cheap and light now, I would really think it was worth it to do the ailerons. You wouldn't need to add any dihedral at all to have a very good flying and good looking little ship.

Nice project!

Jim
Old 03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AILERONS