Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Dishonesty/Opinions Update

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Dishonesty/Opinions Update

Old 04-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Bubbafly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dishonesty/Opinions Update

To all,

Although there were some hiccups and circumstances involved, I am pleased to state that I got a Money Order in the mail today. Case is resolved and closed. I am glad for it, as my faith in humanity is restored at least temporarily.

Ti(bubbafly)
Old 04-29-2003, 05:46 AM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default Oh darn

Well glad you got it back, but I was hoping that I could get employment as a bounty hunter, Oh well, will have to keep my electirc chair repair job!!!the on board tests are starting to make my hair kinky, and my wife says I have a burnt smell to me.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:24 PM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

What took so long?

fire just needed to be lit up or what>?

L.R.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:09 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

To whom it may concern:

Since there was such a great reply to the original post. I'd like you all to know that I am the person. Though Bubbafly did not expose my name I feel that it is my responsibility to fess up to this. I AM a man of my word. That comes from a good upbringing and being a proud member of our UNITED STATES armed forces There were some extenuating circumstances and yes it was my fault that I didn't pay him promptly. But none of you can tell me that you know the whole story. None can say that you wouldn't have let it slip your mind if you had been in my shoes. I'm sorry to all especially Bubbafly but when a family member dies and your thousands of miles away stationed at an airforce base with a wife and kid having to sort out leave and ensuring someone knows your job well enough to cover for, meanwhile taking care of your wife and child, pulling a 20 hour day to meet suspenses that will expire during your stay away from work because there is no one that can complete your tasks in your absence in a mission critical environment then some things are bouned to slip your mind. And if you guys can't understand that then SCREW all of you I don't even want to be a part of this forum this is the type of people you are. Bubbafly if you still want to sell me that AVISTAR I'll send the M.O. out on thursday and you just wait to send it until you receive it. If not I'm cool with that.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:33 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, all turned out for the good so why slam the entire "forum" ? Yes, extenuating circumstances do come up. Being online, you dont allways know whats happening in a persons life. That is why he came here and asked what he should do. I buy and sell a lot online. I have had buyers get ill, die, have to take care of far more important things in life and I understood that, but they let me know about what was happening. I also have had people take my engine and run, never to be heard from again (not too many times but it happens) so its not fair to give the guy a hard time just because he was worried he may not get his money...

In general I think this group of 1/2A guys are THE best model airplane people I have had the pleasure of dealing with, EVER. There is seldom a harsh word, no argueing (serious that is) and we all try and help each other out.

He didnt use your name or handle and if you didnt reply here no one would know who he was speaking about so you didnt have to come off so harshly, IMO.

Stick around here and you willsee how much fun it is....and that we are all nice guys.

Its just no fun when you think you might be getting stung, I think bubbafly did the right thing, I would have did the same.

Andrew Coholic
Old 04-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

This wasn't directed towards Bubbafly. I read what he had to say and he was very tactful in the manner in which he addressed the issue. I'm not slamming the whole forum. Just voicing my opinion. Simply stating that events occur sometimes that are beyond control, if people can't understand that simple fact of life then those are the ones I don't care to associate myself with. Perhaps I should of addressed the few people that replied to the original post rather than directing it to the whole forum. I apoligize once again.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:48 PM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

Hey man I posted on the original thread I am a Bad Guy huh?

nope I dont think so-

lack of communication is all, someone needed to say what was going on realy simple soluting. Bad news sucks no matter what kind it is~

but if someone screws another guy (which did not happen here) I want to know about it, I am a terrible person for that I suppose-

LoneRanger
Old 04-30-2003, 05:07 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

OK guys. Let's keep it cool.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:53 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default Hummmmm

I hate it when no one appreciates my sense of humor???
Old 04-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

My most sincere apologies to everyone. That's the problem with the written language. There is only one dimension and no real manner in which someone can completley understand the tone of an argument with out hearing the pitch in someones voice. No body is the bad guy. Just saying don't jump to conclusions as to whether someone got ripped without knowing the whole story.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:38 AM
Bubbafly

To all,

This issue, as far as I am concerned, is resolved. I tried to ask for advice on an issue I perceived as a potential problem. I received that advice, considered it,and along with my own personal beliefs on how things should be done, decided to give Tumbleweed the benefit of the doubt. He came through on his word. Enough said .
To the guys that replied, thanks for your opinions, I always value a different/fresh outlook on things. Enough for that also. To the humorous replies, they were easy to spot, and did a lot to ease tensions. Also enough. Having said all that, let's move on to what this forum does best, talk about 1/2A aeroplanes.----- That leads me to a question.---- Tell me what you know about the Sig Hummer. I feel the need for speed!

Tim(Bubbafly)
Old 05-01-2003, 10:24 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a new, unflown Sig Hummer with a TD 051 last fall at a swap meet. I hope to get it into the air this summer and then I can tell you what you want to know!

Andrew
Old 05-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Bubbafly,
Do you really get a chance to fly all to often? It seems every time I step out the door and it's a calm day here in Nebraska the wind picks up to 15 mph by the time I get to my field. I used to live in Kansas and it sucked as far as the wind.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:17 PM
OMPEdgeFlyer

Love the Hummer, flew mine with a 3 channel full size radio and a throttle converted 051. fast and smooth. Not as fast as some hornets with the micro stuff and only 2 channels, but it sure was nice to throttle down for a low slow pass.

15 mph wind, I fly in that all the time. SW Ohio always has winds, except for an hour or so before sundaown and after sun up.

I flew my hornet yesterday, 10-15 mph winds.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Bubbafly

Default Sig Hummer continued from another post

AJC and OPMEdgeflyer,

Thanks for your input. I would like to know as much as possible about this plane. Flight characteristics, strength, weight, etc. I would like to put a .074 Norvel on it, and kinda make a pylon plane out of it. Any experience or suggestions aare welcome. Opinions too.

Tim(bubbafly)