Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

SMALL Event!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 12:20 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMALL Event!!!!!

COME ONE COME ALL. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.

If you are into anything that flys, FF, Elec, Rubber, engines up to .26 size, Multi eng OK too. This is the place to be!!! SMALL Steps in Little Rock, Arkansas. You will see things that you wont beleave. Great for kids too. Special event for them on Saturday.

May 30, 31 & June 1. Three days of SMALL fun.

S Small
M Model
A Airplane
L Lovers
L League

Come join us and be a SMALL Stepper like the rest of us. Check the AMA mag for more details and contacts, or the AMA Dist VIII web site may have the info as well.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:36 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SMALL Event!!!!!

Chuck, I plan to be there!

I am moving into my first house the weekend before, but I have arranged it so that I will have moved everything and gotten the house to a 'usable' state before the event (gotta keep the 'little woman' happy : )

At present, I hope to bring the following with me to SMALL:

Jupiter profile (and hopefully its first pup) (trimmed out and grounded until the event)
Little Blue Angel (trimmed out and grounded until the event)
Caudron C460 (needs another test flight and will then be grounded until the event)
SuperCaliente (needs covering and radio install, and trim flights and will then be grounded....)
Something for the indoor portion (a scratch electric)
Something ControlLine (half-A of course...)

I don't really have an issue with grounding them until the event as I will be packing up the apartment and moving the two weekends before.....

So who else will be there, and whatcha bringin'?
Old 05-01-2003, 05:59 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

I'm'a bringin' what's still'a flyin'!

By the way, I just booked rooms for the Dickey/Pate/Armstrong/Swanson/Dance/Gator contingent. We're staying at the Country Inn & Suites at exit 153 off I-40 in N.L.R. 501-758-2002 - $65.00 for a room with 2 queen size beds.

Digger asked when you're arriving Jeremy....he's flying in Fri. and staying at the La Quinta on McCain.

Good luck with the moving Jeremy....I don't think I could handle the stress!

All you 1/2A forum guys really ought to make your best effort to attend....it's worth the money and the hassle to get there!
Old 05-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Digger-RCU

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

Greetings all.

I am going, and I will be bringing the Lil Panther, and the newest bird in the flock...norvel 25 hawker sea fury. (finishing the graphics and the radio instal to night. Hopefully she flies well!

Jer, and Milton, cant wait to see all the memphis guys!!

Really looking forward to it!

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 05-01-2003, 08:20 PM
2fast4u

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

Jer, and Milton, cant wait to see all the memphis guys!!
What am I? Chopped liver?? Dang!! No R.E.S.P.E.C.T. !!
Old 05-01-2003, 08:30 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

guys, iI don't know if I can make it, but if I can I will! Hey, 2fast; a guy is sending me another beercat bipe, you think we can pressure bipeflyer to scale the plans to 1/2a size and vacuform parts to it?
Old 05-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Digger-RCU

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

2fast, 2fast, 2FAST,

you're not chopped liver! More like Bar B Q Ribs. Great to have, but kinda sloppy! Just kidding!

My comment was directed as such because I used to live in Memphis, so I know and have flown with many of those guys

But now that you mention it, meeting the one and only 2fast4u will fulfill my being. I cant wait!!!!!!!

See ya there 2fast!

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 05-02-2003, 02:50 AM
Lynn S

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

I hate to miss it. My wife and I are leaving on June 1st to see my daughter in India.
I wonder if I should take my Little Stick? ....J/K
Old 05-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Big Al-RCU

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

Lynn,
Why not take your Stick?
I have wanted to do the same thing thing several times over the years, but what kept me from it was the fuel. Not sure if it was available at the other end and suspect that trying to smuggle 25% nitro onto an airliner would be good for 99 years in Leavenworth :-).

2fast,
Is there a website showing the location of the SMALL site? You guys are making me want to go. And the wife likes that area so it should be an easy sell. As an old phart I am amazed at how much I have learned from his group and would like to meet some of you.
Al
Old 05-02-2003, 08:31 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

Well it's set and now that the tickets have been booked it doesn't look good for me guys.

I am going with my girlfriend and her parents to New Orleans(where the rest of here extended family lives) for a wedding.

I has hoping that My girlfriend and I could drive separate and make the trek to Ark for Sunday, and just take the long way home.

But the powers that be, namely her parents have booked the tickets and got a deal for 4...

There are not very many things I can think of that I would really rather do than hang out with the Ark. Crew at the SMALL Steps, but sometimes life has a way of jumping in and messing up what you are trying to do.

I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR, even if I have to hitchhike with the Lightning Bug, my Tx and a gallon of 25% strapped to my back.

the family prole
Old 05-02-2003, 10:56 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

Originally posted by Big Al
Is there a website showing the location of the SMALL site? You guys are making me want to go. And the wife likes that area so it should be an easy sell. As an old phart I am amazed at how much I have learned from his group and would like to meet some of you.
Al
http://www.nlrskytigers.org/ Click events, then S.M.A.L.L. 2003.

Come on up....you won't regret it!
Old 05-02-2003, 11:34 AM
2fast4u

Default SMALL Event!!!!!

you're not chopped liver! More like Bar B Q Ribs. Great to have, but kinda sloppy! Just kidding!
Now your talkin!!!

Hay Dickeybird, thanks for posting the ShyTigers web site.

Anyone needing directions will find them there if you look around. If you need more info, I will try to help as well.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:02 AM
MR Flyer57

Default Can't get there from here

Please use those digital cameras, and just maybe if you burn a CD you can stuff it into a self addressed stamped envelope that I'll be dieing to send ya.
Yes I want to go, but alas it is just a dream this year.
If there are any takers for this idea please, when you get back and download your cameras, think of the little planes in the west who don't yet have small meets.
PM me any time or use my email address [email protected] and tell me what happened!!

And if nothing else POST POST POST the shots!!

Thanks in advance,

Wish I was going,
MR Flyer57