Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Where's Tim Wiltse?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Where's Tim Wiltse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:46 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where's Tim Wiltse?

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

Well,

I guess I'll save the postage and watch the 'Bay for another TD .010. But its hard to turn your back on someone you like(d).
I get you Ray,,if you've met Tim he certainly doesnt come across as the "type" to do this kind of thing, and I dont think he would join up here for 5 years to get a few engines/parts out of anybody....But it also doesnt make sense that he's a motivated seller with 2k towards closing costs on his house if he's lost everything.....he's come here with everything from his accident to his daughters health to his wife leaving him and coming back......he made parts for the crew at the flyins and gave them out......I hate to sound like I'm backing a loser again (ie. Prole) but none of this makes sense...heck he ordered I think 130 of the $7 cox engines...am at a loss for words at this point....Rog
Old 04-20-2008, 08:38 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, the bottom line is that none of us knows what is going on with Tim. Any attempt at a scenario is, at this point, purely speculation. Tim has always been an honorable fellow and has, on more than one occasion, done work for free. I do think that we should keep trying to contact him although he may not respond. Sometimes things happen in people's lives in such a way that they don't care about anything other than trying to mitigate their circumstances.

Ray, I can certainly sympathize with ya, pal. I would hate to lose one of those little jewels too, but call me naive, I think you'll get it back eventually. I do agree that you should continue trying to get it back.

Let's not jump to conclusions about what he's up to. Let's just hope and pray that nothing is going so terrible that he will never return. I think Tim has been a friend to all of us.

Brian
Old 04-20-2008, 09:08 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't say it much better Brian. [sm=sleeping.gif]
Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been done to my last ounce of strength and last nickle before, but would at least be able to come up with 50 cents to mail back something that didn't belong to me.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Digger-RCU

While I agree with the both of you, you'll want to be careful mentioning the name of Tim Wiltse and Prole in the same post. You're likely to get a spanking!!!

If there has been communication from Tim on another board as recent as Feb of this year, there is really nothing left to say.

If things are not bad enough to stop posting other places, they are not bad enough to fail to communicate with folks you have obligations to over on this board.

Tim,

This is a good group of guys who have come to bat to the point of blows for you over and over again. Show them that their loyalty was not misguided.

Only a Dog without Honor would fail to at least communicate.

Prove CP wrong, or forever be labeled.

Digger
Old 04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
tangerine-jack

I've met Tim, shook his hand and looked him in the eye. I've spent time talking to him one on one and I don't feel that he is anything but an honest man. I have concern for his current situation in that it is causing him not to be able to communicate with us for whatever reason, whether it's a matter of health, finances or pride I don't know.

Call me an optimist, but I believe in Tim and his human dignity. Perhaps he needs help and can't find any of his so called "friends" to help him. Lord knows I've been there before.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 PM
BSARGE

Well, I went to his house this evening....the first thing I saw was that there was NO for sale sign, it appeared nobody was home. I rang the doorbell and nobody answered, I was about to leave when a neighbor pulled up. So I went over and asked him if he knew Tim and did he move, he said yes that him and his wife had separated but she still lived there. I stated that I knew Tim was in a car accident several months ago and nobody had really heard much from him since, unfortunately the neighbor only moved in 2 months ago and wasn't aware of that. There were kids bikes in the backyard near the workshop(I wanted to walk back there to look inside, but I didnt want to trespass). My goal was to see Tim and try and get Raymond's engine back and to get a little info, but unfortunately I wasn't able to.

-Bill
Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 PM
flyinrog

Hope she didnt get po'd and throw out all that stuff!!!...Thanks for going Bill, he's probably living outa that cruiser of his....Rog
Old 04-25-2008, 07:53 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Bill, that was good of you to check on Tim. At this point all we can do is wait and wonder.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:31 AM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks for trying, Bill. You've given us more info than we had before.

Brian
Old 04-26-2008, 02:24 PM
propbuster

As a person who has had life dump on him a couple of times, I think that Tim is most likely trying to get his act together and will be back around just as soon as he is able. I know how long it can take to get back on track starting with nothing like after you get seperated in a relationship. Tim has my patience, understanding and prayers.