Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

TurboCad LE file help

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

TurboCad LE file help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM
dieFluggeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TurboCad LE file help

Since I know a lot of you guys use TurboCAD, can anyone tell me how to remedy "File Read Error Line 0" when I try to open a .dxf file? Several of my files I can no longer open. Perhaps they were not closed correctly... my laptop has a tendency to overheat when I use high graphics programs and other times my kids get to it and then it's anyone's guess.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default RE: TurboCad LE file help

d/F, it sounds like you're opening a .dxf that was generated in a later version of ACAD. It's a common issue with plans downloaded from the web. LE is getting pretty "long in the tooth" (v4.1 I think) and won't open many newer files formats. That's one of the reasons I bought T/CAD Deluxe v9.2 a couple years ago on sale for $19.95. No expense spared in my workshop!

You can send me a file and let me try to open it and re-save it for you in the older format if you'd like.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 AM
dieFluggeister

Default RE: TurboCad LE file help

Thanks DB. I should probably clarify that the files that are giving me trouble were all created by me in LE 4.1. One day they just stopped opening. Not all of my files are affected.

I might take you up on your offer, but I'll do a full scrub for viruses first just to eliminate that possibility.