Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Tower!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tower!

Last night I was going through my wish list at Tower Hobbies,,,I started to order but it was time to head out to work...this morning it was raining so I couldnt go flying, so I had a beer or 2 and started back on my order,,,another goldberg 400 tiger and a couple others, well I know better than to order after beer so I stopped....I just now sat down and logged on to tower, and my wish list is half gone, almost all goldberg and great planes and Lanier parkflyers are gone out of stock and discontinued!!!......think I'll go back over to select hobbies...Rog
Anybody know what the scoop is?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower!

About once a month I have my cart emptied by ????? It ticks me off every time too! I spent 3 weeks building a list online (my fault I dont write it down) and go to add more and it's empty! I am not sure if they up their prices and take and dump carts with old prices? I did notice twice now that items that were in my vart for instance I had a robart plane stand in there at 11.99...cart emptied and stand was 15.00...hmmm. Now they are even higher. Just a guess but I think pricing has something to do with it. I just got my new 12FG from them today! Along with a few more motors and assy's....

Kevin
Old 05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
flyinrog

Well, I'll check back on monday, but these werent price increases, alot of them had already been discontinued, but in 24 hours a lot MORE of them were discontinued....Rog
Old 05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
panzerd18

Maybe your browser cookie had expired?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:09 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe just call tower easier and better info than here.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:35 PM
microsprint9

Goldberg and lanier were both sold to great planes , that is why they are discontinued, most of them are last of stock at tower and since some of the lanier/ CG planes are close to some of the great planes lineup i think you will see then disappearing.

http://www.greatplanes.com/goldberg-lanierrc.html
Old 05-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Mr. Mugen

http://www.happyhobby.com/hobb_html/carlgoldberg.htm

http://www.happyhobby.com/hobb_html/lanierc.htm

I hate to do this but here is a link to a sweet spot in milwaukee. She has everything you thought was obsolete. She is a treasure shop with lots of suprises. Go there sometime and spend a week in old kits and anything else you can think of. If you do not see it on her site call her. I bet she has it. Even the weird stuff....she has it.

Kevin

Some of the boxes have 2 inches of dust but whats under all that dust is something spectacular. She ships all over too!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:27 PM
flyinrog

Well, I remember the tiger 400 came with such a crappy electric motor that I switched mine over to a norvel .074, they didnt have any so I ordered the chipmunk instead...I guess they got enough complaints about the motor because its not included anymore...but I still plane on the norvel for my chipmunk....Rog
Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 AM
flyinrog

Order arrived, the chipmunk looks nice, the cowl could be a problem?,,but all those planes are still discontinued, and I now have two Herr extras in the box,...one of these days I gotta inventory all this stuff....Rog
Old 05-24-2008, 03:05 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SIG also sells Herr direct. Nice looking kits.