Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

1/2a dhd moment

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/2a dhd moment

Yeah we've all had them...today was a topper for me,,after 5 minutes of fiddling with the golden bee on my shrike, I gave up, havent had much luck with golden bees for some reason,,so I fly my .40 uproar, 2 great flights both deadstick in on empty tanks..both landing in the tall grass around the runway...well that was enough for this morning , walking back with tthe uproar, its heavy and a bit slippery so I stop at a closer table,, clean up the plane and put it in the back of the van,, then proceed to pack up the rest of the stuff...stop off at a friends to chat for 5 minutes and head home, start to unload and I get the uproar in its designated place ( I knew that stationary bike would come in handy) flight box goes in the living room,,radio...?....craaaaaap,, radio is out on that closer table on the field...craaaap.....good enough reason to hop on the scoot and go grab it....and then I went to the bank and cashed in my economic stimulas check and sent most of it off to my visa bill to pay for my tower order which should be here today or tomorrow..so...yeah I have gone to the field without my Tx,, I have also gone to the field with the wrong Tx,,believe it or not I even have to have a check list to get ready for work and never leave my house or my vehicle without my keys in my hand........Rog
Old 05-21-2008, 10:08 AM
BSARGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2a dhd moment

That reminds me of time when I was loading up my car to go flying.... carrying my plane in the left hand transmitter in the right hand, walk to the car and put the transmitter on the roof, load the plane in the back seat, go get the flight box, put it in the trunk, start the car and proceed to the field only to see in my rear view mirror my transmitter bouncing off the trunk and smashing into pieces on the road![&o]

So don't feel too bad Rog!

-Bill
Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another reason to have a Tx with 132 model memory. You only need one and it takes care of remembering what you got.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:47 AM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: vicman

Another reason to have a Tx with 132 model memory. You only need one and it takes care of remembering what you got.
Yeah......but that would just be one more Tx that I have, I think theres 5 now....Rog
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

You have an excellent oportunity to sell them off next winter. There is a big swap meet in your area.
Trust me on this one. I sold all of my JR stuff there a few years ago after getting my 9C capable of the above memory feat.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:10 AM
rainedave

Since I bought a tx case I haven't forgotten to take it to the field. Maybe because it's a bigger object it's easier to see and remember.

David
Old 05-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Digger-RCU

I think my worse case yet was leaving the plane at home one time.
When you are standing there at the flying field with a trasmitter that goes to nothing, you feel pretty dumb.

Digger
Old 05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Andrew

ORIGINAL: Digger-RCU

When you are standing there at the flying field with a trasmitter that goes to nothing, you feel pretty dumb.
Yeah? How about arriving with a fuselage, but no wing. I've also left my TX at the house.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Two years ago I arrived at the field without fuel. Now that's not such a big problem.

But the dummest Crew-related thing I did was head off to Dan's field - without directions.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

I am becoming more and more of a believer of checklists since I, too, can say I forgot a transmitter, fuel, plane left on, etc.

Works great for pilots of full size aircraft (where I copied the idea).

Now where is my checklist on how to get the kids a bath and ready for school tomorrow...?

Brian
Old 05-21-2008, 05:12 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: rainedave

Since I bought a tx case I haven't forgotten to take it to the field. Maybe because it's a bigger object it's easier to see and remember.

David
I had a case, it had the wrong Tx in it....I gave it away....Rog
Old 05-21-2008, 05:13 PM
digital_trucker

Don't forget the checklist that reminds you to look at the checklist.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 AM
flyinrog

charged everything up last night...this is a new one...apparently during the flight, and it had been flying a while on 2 syringes of fuel when the engine died, I ass/u/me d it had run out of fuel..well it sits upside down in my stationary bike, and I went to pick it up this morning and flip it over and fuel spills everywhere!!! so I run it outside and set it on the sidewalk,,I tried to move the throttle arm and it is free, crap I striped the servo somehow?..I turn it on and check the radio and nothing the throttle doesnt even jiggle...took the cover off and the screw that holds the arm down is missing,and the arm is off, and the screw that holds the elevator arm down is gone too!!!!...I'm sure I have some screws that will fit but ?...wa happan?...oh and the tank is half full, I am sure glad I didnt get to the field to find that out...could have done without the glow fuel on my hardwood floors though...should have it fixed to go for tomorrow, just spent $12 on 3 gallons of gas for the van....still gotta look into that trailer for my scoot..........Rog
Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 AM
flying poodle

Hey Rog. I have been thinking over the trailer idea. I have a bicycle trailer that I use to carry my daughter. It says on the box that it is capable of hauling two 30 pound kids. You could probably get a 40 size profile in it with a little modification. I don't think you would want to go much faster than about 30-35 though.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 AM
MJD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gone to the field several times without the Tx, the wing, the fuselage, fuel whatever. The dumbest thing I did at the field was to load up the car on the side of the road to go home after a Sunday morning session, but leave my camera bag on the shoulder of the road. Naturally, 30 minutes later after I burned rubber back to the field, it was gone. Kiss one 35mm camera and lenses goodbye.. [:@]

I am not sure about the effectiveness of a transmitter case. I moonlight as a trumpet player, and on more than one occasion I have shown up at a rehearsal, opened up my case to set up and stared at nothing but empty space (hmm, come to think of it it did feel a bit light now didn't it, you numbskull?). Since I usually arrive with just about enough time to spare there's not much that can be done except to slink away in embarrasment.

MJD
Old 05-25-2008, 01:19 AM
skyraider71

I once decide to sneak in a couple of flights before work. When I got to work, I looked down in
my shotgun seat and realized I had left my tx at the field! I had to explain to my boss that I had
to leave to retieve my then new 7cap! Luckily he was cool about it. One of my club mates kept
it for me, so I got it back o.k. My wife caught wind of it, and I heard about it for weeks!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 AM
flyinrog

Ok for the last ummmm number of years I thought the words to this was hypnotized ,,not ..in the dark...!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeig...eature=related