Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Herr Little Extra flight packs...

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Herr Little Extra flight packs...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 AM
hungryandbroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Herr Little Extra flight packs...

I'm thinking about ordering the herr little extra and running an os 15 on it. I'm not familiar with micro receivers or micro servos.

I have a futaba 4yf radio outfit that comes with a R168DF Receiver.

Will Futaba Micro servos fit into this receiver or do I need to order a micro receiver to go with micro servos?

And if the micro receiver is required what battery pack would I need to operate it?

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:28 AM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Herr Little Extra flight packs...

Something like the hs81's or 85's , jr mc35's, fut mini servos, not micro, they will need more grunt to handle the .15 and wingloading.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:36 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Herr Little Extra flight packs...

ORIGINAL: hungryandbroke

I'm thinking about ordering the herr little extra and running an os 15 on it. I'm not familiar with micro receivers or micro servos.

I have a futaba 4yf radio outfit that comes with a R168DF Receiver.

Will Futaba Micro servos fit into this receiver or do I need to order a micro receiver to go with micro servos?

And if the micro receiver is required what battery pack would I need to operate it?

Any info would be appreciated.
the futaba 3107s will fit a normal rx, I dont know what a 168d is but I guess its full size...6 channel......I have an Herr Extra with and OS.15LA with Hitec electron 6 Rx and a 600mAh battery that balances fine,,but I had one before with a Magnum .15 and had to put the battery behind the cockpit seat, unless your a real 3-D'r (and probably not with a 4c radio) the small servos should be fine...its also a pretty small tank, but she floats in good deadstick ...the arguement is do you carve wood and stuff in a bigger tank when theres just enough wood to hold the front end together?... or do you just have short flights...I deadstick in anyway so I'm fine with the small tank..hope this helps,,,I say GET IT!.....Rog