Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

I like new old stuff!.......

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

I like new old stuff!.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:39 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I like new old stuff!.......

What a nice way to end the week - not only did four happy fleabay purchases show up in the mail, but I visited someone with some real neat old booty yesterday, and came away in quite an agitated state with a pile of kits, no more cash, and my eyes spinning in crazy circles.

Not too many minutes ago, I was downstairs fondling small engines and holding them on the Doubler plan, and yes.. I confess I was making engine noises. Hey, like I'm the only one that does that...

It looks here like I am having trouble choosing an engine for the Doubler (a fleabay find) , but I wanna see the Conquest run finally - had it for 13 years and bought it at a friend's estate sale []. He flew F1C into about the early '70's I believe, and this looks nearly unrun. Gotta determine if it is the old sintered piston version yet, but someome has helpfully posted instructions already how to do so.

So while it won't break any speed records, if I build it light and strong with nice night modern gear, it should be a peppy little thing at least. It should sound cool if I prop that engine suitably too.

These kits were a diverse collection of vintage FF (primarily) stuff. The pile would be much bigger but my allowance is shot for a while (a long, long while...), online-auction-site = bad thing. There are more, I want them.

MJD

Old 09-28-2008, 01:26 AM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I like new old stuff!.......

Wow!, I thought I had big fat sausage links for fingers, but look at the size of those, christ, I scrolled for 2 minutes before I got past the thumb, one word,....."RESIZE" images.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 AM
RocketRob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey You know what they say about men with large sausage fingers?

MJD must have a very lucrative profession in film to be able to afford all these new projects

ANd I was going to comment on the Cox 1.50 Conquest[8D]
Old 09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

Wow!, I thought I had big fat sausage links for fingers, but look at the size of those, christ, I scrolled for 2 minutes before I got past the thumb, one word,....."RESIZE" images.
Wow - I did, or so I thought.. oops [sm=red_smile.gif]

And rocketrob, you'd laugh if I told you how unlucrative anything I do is! [BUT MAKING THOSE FILMS SOUNDS FUN..]

MJD
Old 09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

MJD, I removed the pictures. When I looked at them they were over 2 megs each for the three I checked and the others seem to be around the same. Use your editor to resize down to around 6 x 8 inches or the equivalent in pixels that leaves you saving around a 50 to 80K file. That'll size them suitably. Chop them down to that and repost or edit your original with the new sizes.

From the massive King Kong like bit of looking it does look like you got some great scores though.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:58 PM
MJD

Okay, I found the problem. I looked in the mirror. Turns out the cam was set for high res, they were absolutely huge files. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly last night..

Let's try this again.

MJD

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66800.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1042814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94969.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1042815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42736.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1042816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq41755.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1042817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny27222.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1042818  
Old 09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: MJD

Okay, I found the problem. I looked in the mirror.....
Oddly enough that's where I see most of MY problems as well.....

Much better on the pics.....

If you're putting that Cox into the Doubler you'd better keep it strong. The ol' Conquest can't match the Rossi's and some of the newer FAI stuff but it was no slouch in the day.

The Super 60 looks fantastic from what I see of the box. And what's that Jetex model under the other box?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
build light

Bruce I had my eye on that one too. I didn't notice that was Jetex though like you did. I see it now.

OK MJD, What is it?

Robert
Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

EXCELLENT find!!

George
Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
MJD

ORIGINAL: build light

Bruce I had my eye on that one too. I didn't notice that was Jetex though like you did. I see it now.

OK MJD, What is it?

Robert
A Jetex Hawker Hunter, for the Jetmaster engine, and comes with an augmenter tube as well. I nearly wet my pants when I spotted that. But, alas.. the kit is not complete, but the ex-owner is looking to see if there is anything from it in his collection. Oh well, the box itself is a treasure to me, and there are a fair number of the parts there. I'll be polling the Jetex crown you can e sure to find bits if possible.

The Hydro Star plans are missing, but copies are available cheap.

There is a little Hell Razor 1/2A speed kit in there too. Hmm.. to build or not to build. Guess I should.

MJD
Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: MJD
...There is a little Hell Razor 1/2A speed kit in there too. Hmm.. to build or not to build. Guess I should.

MJD
I think during "Hell Razor" days, the engine of choice was the Thermal Hopper. [8D]

George