Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Balsa USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 AM
mikegordon10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA

I just received an order of contest grade balsa from Balsa USA. I was impressed that it came in a reasonable time frame and the quality of the wood looks to be A1. What with Lone Star out of the game, Balsa USA will be my choice for contest grade wood.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:12 AM
digital_trucker

Default RE: Balsa USA

I'll second that. I ordered an assortment from them too...I didn't order contest grade, but it's almost all nice, consistent medium grade. There's a couple of pieces that tend to the hard side, and a couple that tend to the soft side, so that's good too. All nice wood.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:18 AM
RACE 66

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I really hate to accept the fact that Lone Star is out of the game. I know last Thanksgiving they had their disasterous fire, and their web site reflected via photo's of the destruction. In their text, there was a glimmer of hope that they would reassembled the "ashes" and open up again. So, the final question for me is: Is Lone Star DEFINATELY out ? and others will supplement our balsa needs. I have contest balsa from them that I had ordered over the years and Riley had the "eye" for balsa selection and his suppliers. His kits, ie: quickie, which I built several were great.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't foresee lonestar reopening. And i hope i am wrong about it to.

Went to the Balsa USA site yesterday and they list all their contest grade balsa as out of stock.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:57 PM
mikegordon10

Guess I got my order just in the nick.