Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

New head for Cox .074

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

New head for Cox .074

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Lewis S.
My Feedback: (229)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New head for Cox .074

Hello,
I need to repalce the head on my Cox .074 Queen Bee. Does anyone know wher I can get one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Lewis email [email protected]
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New head for Cox .074

Check the seller COX_HYPER_SPEED on thebay. He has heads for the .074 that use a turboplug - don't buy an adapter that uses a standard plug. There are also several threads here discussing the turboplug head.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:57 PM
gabe200
My Feedback: (21)

i think the glow head from a cox .09 fits same size
Old 11-28-2008, 02:33 AM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.mecoa.com/acc/adaptors/index.htm

I'd be inclined to try one of Randy's replacement heads.

Bill
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you read the Mecoa page carefully, word by word, you'll find that there is not a single comment anywhere on the engine performance when using those heads, and there is a good reason for that....
Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
lildiesel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the Queen Bee takes a Medallion glowplug I'd recommend John Valentine's Cox .09 turbo plug head. I've got his .049 turbo plug head and it is great.

BTW, the sealing on the MECOA head can be improved by carefully painting the plug threads with a thinned coating of Indian Head Shellac. Learned this trick messing about with a Charlie's RC head way back and also use it on OK Cub heads now that I'm infatuated with them.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Lewis S.
My Feedback: (229)

Thank you all so much for your help, at least I have a few things to look at now. I was not aware the .09 head was the same. I will do a follow up on which way I go.

Thanks
Lewis
Old 12-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lildiesel

BTW, the sealing on the MECOA head can be improved by carefully painting the plug threads with a thinned coating of Indian Head Shellac. Learned this trick messing about with a Charlie's RC head way back and also use it on OK Cub heads now that I'm infatuated with them.
Yes, if the threads are sealed and the head shaved down to increase compression, then apparently the Mecoa heads are not all that bad...
I've thrown my Mecoa heads in a box labeled useless, right next to some chinese engines.

I just think that these things should be mentioned by Mecoa, the way it is done now their website information can only serve to trick people into buying something that they don't want.
Even on this forum, where people should now better (?), the Mecoa heads are often presented as adequate, ready to go, replacements of the stock heads.

In contrast, there are custom heads for Nelson or Turbo plugs that are read to go as they come... [8D]