Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Dude, this is NOT 1/2a

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Dude, this is NOT 1/2a

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dude, this is NOT 1/2a

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8235161/tm.htm

Yank it if you want Bruce, but at least watch it first....that is a serious heli....Rog
I was just lookin around for a front yard toy,,,this aint it!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:56 AM
MJD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dude, this is NOT 1/2a

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8235161/tm.htm

Yank it if you want Bruce, but at least watch it first....that is a serious heli....Rog
I was just lookin around for a front yard toy,,,this aint it!!!!
It IS half-A. Half a f full size chopper! Wow. Them Germans.. always making us NA'ers look like Kaputniks.

MJD
Old 12-16-2008, 10:57 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need that Rog!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't get helicopters. Any of them. Never did. But especially that one. What's the point? Nyah, nyah I can spend more than you do.

But Rog, if you want something for the front yard look up the NutBall at that other place. Its got a propellor in front and actual wings. RME and with the CG in the right place you can hover all you want.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

While I was waiting (and waiting and waiting) in line at the Post Office this afternoon I had the "pleasure" of standing behind a "lady" who was using one of those no-hands, stick-it-in-your-ear cell-phone thingies. Boy was I impressed at how technically astute she was. And I was fortunate enough to hear every word she spoke - I think she wanted to share her wisdom with the rest of us in line - how thoughtful.

But I had a great idea (yes another one, they just seem to ooze out of my brain - sorta like polyurethane glue curing).
So here it is
. . . wait for it
. . . those old worn out (heck even new ones) Cox cylinder heads can be screwed into your ear and you can talk loudly to an imaginary friend, impressing everyone within the sound of your (*&%#$@) voice with how cool you are. Gee I wonder if I could get a free subscription if I send this hint into one of the magazines? And you thought us-all 1/2A guys could never be cool again? Hah, fool them won't we?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Good one Ray!

After reading your glow head idea, I just came up with a idea to clear out the line, not just Mz Imprezzive Technogirl, but everyone. Tie a 40,000 rpm EDF to the top of your head and wrap the whole works [your head and all] in tin foil. Leave a couple of slits so you can still see. Enter the line and then hit the switch.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:06 PM
vicman

Ray,
You need some of these.
I would think with your new found love of FFF and all things wired you could come up with a set of your very own. 41.5 might lend you his for the right bribe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52619.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	1091222   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60848.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1091223  
Old 12-16-2008, 11:15 PM
combatpigg

Vic, those lightning bolt ears would be perfect to go along with the "EDF MONSTER" idea?

Every man has his price.......what would it take to talk you into "suiting up"?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 PM
vicman

Lemme think about that a while
Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 PM
combatpigg

Well, I know it's pointless to try bribing you with booze since all you guys back there have your own 'stills.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:02 AM
OzMo

That lady is in the program for insane homeless people. We gave 'em fake blue tooth sets so they could just look like rude people.[:@]
I like to talk to those types as if they realy were talking to me, but I quit do to the bruises on my shins from my wife!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

Wow Vic!

Spence looks more like you every day! (Poor kid. Start looking for a plastic surgeon soon.) But those lightning bolts remind me of the helmet in the movie the rocketeer.

Since our friends at the AMA want racers and combaterians to wear helmets while flying, I acquired one from American Science and Surplus (one of my favorite suppliers of really, really useful things I gotta have, "yes dear, I wore out my old lava lamp building model airplanes"). I was inspired by one Tim Wiltse wore to one of Rog's Reedie Race thangs. Tim's version had one of his pretty engines bolted on top. It would be harder to start up than a lekky - but oh so much more fun!

Hmmm, foam lightning bolts, carbon tubes, FG, kevlar thread. A guy could end up with something that looked like CP designed it [no offense intended of course . ]
Old 12-17-2008, 07:35 AM
vicman

Yeah the basic hard hat is pretty boring even with spiffy stickers and stuff they aren't very haute' Coture.
I've been keeping my eye out for a set of cattle horns, not the huge longhorn ones but something I can bolt onto the hard hat and give me a Hagar the Horrible look. Yeahhh.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 12-17-2008, 08:18 AM
flyinrog

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIKING-HELMET-W-...3A1%7C294%3A50

here ya go, find pretty much anything o the bay...yep even dog doo if you look ...Rog
Old 12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
vicman

$90!

Holy burnt LiPos Rajul! [X(]Thats a new race engine. I'm into lookin cool and all but $20 was about my limit. I'm not goin for the Klingon warlord contest winner. Hagar the Horrible remember.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

While I was waiting (and waiting and waiting) in line at the Post Office this afternoon I had the "pleasure" of standing behind a "lady" who was using one of those no-hands, stick-it-in-your-ear cell-phone thingies. Boy was I impressed at how technically astute she was. And I was fortunate enough to hear every word she spoke - I think she wanted to share her wisdom with the rest of us in line - how thoughtful.
Guys I don't know if its "legal" to quote yourself and then reply to yourself - but I'll do it anyway. Because I found a cheap way to be cool like the "lady" referenced above.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47608.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1096034  
Old 12-24-2008, 10:03 PM
flyinrog

http://www.spymodex.com/

Well Ray if ya got a couple hundred to play with, you can always get a cell blocker, wish I could sometimes....course they are illegal, kinda like firecrackers,,you can buy them, you just cant shoot them off...have a bud with a business and he'd be expalining to a customer what was wrong with his car and how much it would be to fix and buzz,buzz off goes the cell and I guess it happened one too many times...so he got one..now people have to go outside to get/make calls.......dont own a cell myself, had a cheapie one pay by the month but didnt use it enough to bother with it and like a 5 year old I took it apart to see what the buzzer was made of...Rog
Old 12-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

Ah Rog, ain't tech-no-logy wunnerful? But aren't those the things that are supposed to mess up 2.4 GHz transmitters?

Old 12-25-2008, 07:05 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

Ah Rog, ain't tech-no-logy wunnerful? But aren't those the things that are supposed to mess up 2.4 GHz transmitters?

I dont want it for the flyin field, I want it for the grocery store and just general impishness[>:]
Old 12-27-2008, 01:55 PM
vicman

Rog, I got some huge zip ties and some spray 77 adhesive that should do the trick.[8D]