Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Brodak .049 MkII

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
bsteckler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brodak .049 MkII

Has anybody had a chance to run the new Brodak .049? Nice looking engine - and not a CS! This could very well fill our niche.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Brodak .049 MkII

They have been around for quite some time now and there is some information on the CL forums.
They are low on power, most probably due to the regular plug, I was planning to make a new head for mine but haven't gotten around to do it yet.

I did fit an exhaust throttle from litemashines on one and it kind of throttled with that (but it adds a lot of weight): http://rcuvideos.com/video/Brodak-MkII-wmv

A smaller prop and sealing the threads of the glowplug might help, and would probably fly something...
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brodak .049 MkII

I have a CS, havent tried it yet,,, can't be any less powerfull than the Mecoa .05 I ran today,,I ran several tanks through it at my house, so unless it needs a loooot of breakin time, running a 6 x 3 apc on it, no where near a blackwidow....it was quiet with that big ol shiney muffler and might a been a bit peepier without it, shoulda checked I guess....Rog