Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cox Engine Parts At The BARKS Swap Meet

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox Engine Parts At The BARKS Swap Meet

Old 01-23-2009, 10:08 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cox Engine Parts At The BARKS Swap Meet

Well guys, if you are close to Burlington, NC and need some Cox engine parts I met a gent tonight with tubs of new engines, used engines and parts!! I've never seen so many Cox parts in one location. Maybe 100+ Tee Dee .049/51. I saw 10 red case Tee Dee .010 new in the bubble pack. Several Space Hoppers, Golden Bees, Tee Dees and such. I had to leave especially when I saw a bag of about 30 new .049 Black Widows for $25.00 each!!!!

Anyway I will try to get this guys info tomorrow and will let you know how to get in touch with him.

Bob Harris
Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cox Engine Parts At The BARKS Swap Meet

Yer just screwing with me cause I can't get there till 8!

Pick up at least two of those BWs for me
Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
teddiepos10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome.. I was considering buying a surestart from flea bay... but hopefully I'll find this guy in time... I'll be there between 6:30 an 7:00..
Old 01-24-2009, 01:02 AM
DeviousDave

Oh jeez.... I hope he comes to Toledo!

Can you guys get his contact info?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:10 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

I need a needle valve assemby for a tee dee .020 to make a motor usable. Can anyone help? I am in Indianapolis.
Thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish we had a vendor like that in the swapmeets in my area of the world. I'd love to find a couple of TD 049s at something below the current fleabay prices. Seems that the only thing I can find for Cox engines around these parts is criticism.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
flyinrog

DD He is going to Toledo, he lives in Illinois and he is going to Perry Ga.

bps I got you a needle valve and spring in the original packaging yet,, run ya 3 bucks and postage
PM me with your address and I'll get it out this week,
,oops just read your other post, and since I'm such a wonderful guy and I only live a mile from the swapmeet , I went back up there and bought the whole intake assembly , it was $12 and it was the last one he had...and they were packin up to leave...
Bob was right he had nine tubs of parts and that was what was under the table!!!...Rog
Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 AM
DeviousDave

awesome.. I need some parts...
Old 01-24-2009, 12:04 PM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

I talked to the guys that BobH refers to above - great guys. I guess they get estate sales from time to time. They enjoy cleaning up the old engines and putting them back together with fresh parts.

They doe have tons of spare parts and can get you basically anything you need. I am going to have them build me a runnable Space Hopper .049 for kicks.

On their table they had... PeeWee .020's for $20.00, Golden Bees for $25.00 (I believe), Babe Bee .049 $25, and some TD .051's for $30 or $35.

Oh, and lots of TD .010's and .020's. They had (1) TD .010 new in box with the Davis Diesel conversion.

Brian

P.S. I was the culprit that bought the bag of Cox Black Widows Bob mentioned for $100 (4 BW's + 1 Killer Bee .049 = all brand new).
Old 01-24-2009, 03:48 PM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

DD He is going to Toledo, he lives in Illinois and he is going to Perry Ga.

bps I got you a needle valve and spring in the original packaging yet,, run ya 3 bucks and postage
PM me with your address and I'll get it out this week,
,oops just read your other post, and since I'm such a wonderful guy and I only live a mile from the swapmeet , I went back up there and bought the whole intake assembly , it was $12 and it was the last one he had...and they were packin up to leave...
Bob was right he had nine tubs of parts and that was what was under the table!!!...Rog
You are a great guy. PM sent and thanks a hole bunch!
Old 01-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

I got a couple years' supply of TD .010 glow heads. And that was really swell - but it was even sweller to see several of the Crew whom I have not bumped into in too long. Seeing these guys again has awakened my competitive impulses and so I am anxiously awaiting the next edition of the Reedie Race (in May?)

As much as I enjoy the company of these fine fellows, somehow it is bittersweet that our relationship is punctuated by the agony of pylon-rounding defeat. Well, as long as they keep coming back, that's all that counts .
Old 01-24-2009, 04:27 PM
flyinrog

Hey Raymond, When did you get there?...I went at about 09:00 and looked all over for ya...didnt need anything so I left after an hour or so...went back around noon to get the other parts , but didnt know you were there,,I am trying to clear the end of may for the reedie race, with my club, the pylon races and every thing else there will only be one this year,, but I may try a second spontaneous one,,have to see how things go...sorry I missed you, figured you'd be there early.....Rog
Old 01-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Rog,

I got there just a little before 9:00, put my Senior Telemaster on table A5, sold it before I got my coat off, sat there with a couple of electric kits (that nobody wanted), made a pass around the hall and left around 10:30.

Yeah, Bob and Vic are all excited about all of the upcoming "Q" races this year. So I can see where fitting in the Reedies would be a challenge. Well, time marches on.

I'm all for a spontaneous get-together - just so long as I have a month or two to get ready .

But seriously ladies and germs, after seeing Vic and Bob (now Nathan's) 1/2A CL models, I'm all a-twitter to put together one out of FFF with Spider Wire 35-foot lines.

Speaking of Nathan's new model, one of youse-guys should share the story with the rest of the forum. I'd do it but I'm not sure I'd get the deatails right. Anyway, it just points out how special some of these Carolina Crew members really are.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:17 PM
av8rsodt

Well, as the story goes that Raymond refers to above...

At the last Carolina Reedie Race in October Bob and Vic were discussing the .25FX Quickie racing they have been involved with over the summer. [Bob has designed and has laser kits made which are awesome by the way - unsolicited advertising]. At any rate, Bob mentioned losing (2) Quickie planes at the Highpoint, NC pylon race at CCRCM field a couple weeks prior - only 25 minutes from my house in Kernversville, NC.

Back to the Reedie Race in October... Bob brought the Lil Wizard .049 C/L model his daughter had when she was 6 (now 20 something). My kids had a ball along with Vic's son Spencer. All the way home all I heard was flying this and flying that..... (it was fantastic having the kids so excited).

When back at home I did a quick calculation in my mind and realized the cost of Bob's loss in engines alone from that race. I decided to take a search at CCRCM's field as a challenge and bear the high grass and impossible odds to go find these engines (what was left of the planes was already recovered by Bob and friends). Bob emailed me the approximate locations of the crash sits and I went from there.

The key here being that I brought my sons Andrew and Nathan with me to help out. To me it was a great opportunity to be out doing something with them and have fun while doing it (Nathan had me laughing so hard, and scared at times, because he realized he could be quiet in the tall grass 5 feet from me totally hidden). Andrew (4 years old) did not last long, but at least he followed me around the tall grass. Long story short, we found one of Bob's engines! My boys were ecstatic. So, we went back home and they helped me get the dirt off the engine (it was pretty much buried) and to get it mailed off to Bob.

Bob then wrote an email back stating for all the hard work we did he would build an .049 C/L model that they could fly, including engine! They were excited. It was perfect timing, as Mommy and I were teaching them the Golden Rule and being kind to others.

Well, today at the BARKS swap meet Bob brought the C/L model - a Skyray. The swap started at 7am, so I left the boys at home to sleep. You should have seen their faces when I arrived home. They knew right away where it originated and why.

So as Raymond eluded to, and it has been especially true to me over the years... R/C modelers are about the best bunch of guys you could ever come across.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46880.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1118651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40956.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1118652  
Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
av8rsodt

Here is the contact info for the gentleman mentioned above with all the Cox engines and parts:

[email protected] (r-u-reely Bob)

He has lots of reedie overhaul kits, glow plugs, rebuilt engines, and some rare engines (he had a davis diesel TD .020 new in box at BARKS).

Brian