Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Stealth Sport Brushless Conver.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Stealth Sport Brushless Conver.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 12:58 AM
azenigma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealth Sport Brushless Conver.

I finally got feed up with my Norvell .061, and all of the oil it spit on the plan! so I installed an MPJet 25/30 Brusheless motor (30 amp jeti, 8 hecell, 11x7, hs 81 servos) in my stealth sport. The plane flys very fast, and a little squirly. But I am having problems with rolls. If I give the ailerons full deflection the plane starts to fall fast instead of rolling. Is there anything I can do to improve the rolls?

Thanks,
Duane
Old 06-10-2003, 01:10 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

take the heavy electric stuff out! no, really, it sounds like a nose heavy issue. unless your all up weight is over about 24 oz., in which case it would be a weight issue.

Iflew one with a black widow and a norvel, they both rolled fine. had full size gear and battery in the b.w. powered one, shouldn't have been much lighter than your setup. but I don't have any other ideas outside of trying a rearward c.g.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:43 AM
azenigma

would the nose being heavy also have caused it to fly a little squirly? I had to stay on top of it so it would not slide off the straight path. I have the c.g. on the spar per the plans, but I will move it back a bit.

Thanks,
Duane
Old 06-10-2003, 10:02 AM
wild fred

well, if it's on the spar that's about right. don't move it. the stealths tend to be a little squirrely anyhow, that's normal. I don't know what makes it drop, then. what's the total weight?
Old 06-10-2003, 02:50 PM
azenigma

I do not have a scale, but comparing it to my Miss2 that is 30oz per the specs I would say the stealth is ~10oz less.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:53 PM
azenigma

I was reading another thread that mentioned moving both ailerons a little above nutral could help with rolls, do you think this could apply to this plane?
Old 06-10-2003, 03:40 PM
wild fred

i usually do that on my flat bottom airfoils. the stealth is symmetrical, but it should make it slightly less apt to tip stall, and usually makes them roll more axially, as it gives the effect of differential aileron throw. it is definately worth a try.

if your weight is about 20 oz., it should be fine weight wise. does it seem slow? i had a ripmax zephyr on 6 cells, phasor 15-3 or 4, 9-6 apc electric, it was pretty speedy. i imagine yours should be, too. maybe the thick symm. airfoil has to fly at a high angle of attack to make lift, so when it rolls over a lot of down required, that's all i can think of. keep trying, and let us know what you find out!