Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

name some good 1/2a books

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

name some good 1/2a books

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:38 PM
sir crashallot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default name some good 1/2a books

right after reading rembys desperate search for a book he read time upon time many years ago he mentioned in his post it would be nice for others to mention good books that deal with 1/2a models. so after i found the book after searching through online stores for ages i thought it would be a good idea for people on here to name good books that an 1/2a modeller must / should have. I myself relise that allot of these old books are dissapering fast and if there are a few good books out there that we should no about then tell us so if we come across them we can we can grab them and save them from disapering, i also noticed how allot of the books i was coming accross where actualy wrote during the war and slightly after the war around the 1950s time, i never realised 1/2a went back so far but looking at it my guess is this was the start of what we now have.

So if you know of a good 1/2a book post the name and author. thanks for reading guys
Old 03-27-2009, 06:23 PM
SGC

Default RE: name some good 1/2a books

"Eagle Book of Model Aircraft" Hulton Press , "Eagle Book of Spacecraft Models" Longacre Press ," Eagle Book of Model Cars" and " Eagle Book of Model Boats" all by Ray Malstrom Various publishers. I bought these when a young teenager in the early 60's , each book has 7-9 full sized plans of rubber , diesel/glow and jetex powered models, glow /diesel are .5 - 1 cc , I and my M8's built several models from these plans, and several of the GeeBee trainer profile model as it flew well on a BabyBee.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92694.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	1167347  
Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM
sir crashallot

sounds like this thread is going to bring back many a child hood memory im 22 and never owned a book about model aircraft so i cant post in any books that i know of, infact i think i can its an e book called RCUniverse iv learned more in here the last few months than i would have in a few years at my club.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Remby
My Feedback: (3)

Most books do not deal with 1/2a only, but along with the one I was looking for, I also like this one, "Building and Flying Model Airplanes", by Walter A. Musciano. Mostly control line, but much is offered as 1/2a models abound, even has plans.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SGC

"Eagle Book of Model Aircraft" Hulton Press , "Eagle Book of Spacecraft Models" Longacre Press ," Eagle Book of Model Cars" and " Eagle Book of Model Boats" all by Ray Malstrom Various publishers. I bought these when a young teenager in the early 60's , each book has 7-9 full sized plans of rubber , diesel/glow and jetex powered models, glow /diesel are .5 - 1 cc , I and my M8's built several models from these plans, and several of the GeeBee trainer profile model as it flew well on a BabyBee.

I just checked Amazon.com and amazon.co.uk and there is no availability at this time.
I really like the Skygipsy and the GeeBee trainer shown. Could you share some more details of these two?

Robert
Old 03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
SGC

Robert,
The Eagle book of aircraft was published in 1959, the skygypsy is sturdily built as a sport freeflyte model of 35" span for .75-1cc diesels. with some thought to building it lighter by useing a different aproach to maintaining strength it would make a neat R/C model.
The GeeBee trainer is a profile c/l model of 14 3/4" span for .75-1cc diesels, ie mills 75, Dc Merlin .76 cc etc it flys well with a Cox BabyBee.
Sorry have no scans of the plans as yet , but will try and get my son to scan them in the near future.
Stewart