Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Nostalgia

Old 06-14-2003, 10:57 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nostalgia

Many moons ago I built and flew a cute little rudder only airplane by 'Sterling'. I think it was called Lil Roughneck. It had about a 27" span, open cockpit, and was a tail dragger. It used a Cox '020' Pee Wee engine if I remember correctly. Does anyone remember this one? Top Flight had a nice series, as well, i.e. The Rascal, the Roaring 20, Schoolboy, School Master, Top Dawg, etc. Most of these used sheet balsa for the flying surfaces with no open areas. These were great flying little airplanes, and would be even better today with the equipment that is available. Has anyone out there any recent experience with any of the above? Lastly, wouldn't it be great if Goldberg updated and re-kitted some of the original greats like the 1/2 A Skylane, the Junior Skylark (i.e. with twins!!), the falcon,...oh man, I get excited just thinking about it! Did I read or hear someplace that Goldberg is kitting a few aircraft again? Maybe I'm just a nostalgic old F... but I'd still like to build and fly some of these models that were so popular in there own time. Anyone out there think likewise?
Old 06-15-2003, 04:02 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nostalgia

Dave Fritzke, who frequents this group, has a great web site with all sorts of old timer plans including the Roughneck Too.

http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/

I emailed Lanier, who now owns Goldberg, regarding the Jr. Falcon and Jr. Skylark and they said that the plans were gone many years before they purchased the company, so I doubt that they will be kitting those models again.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:37 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Nostalgia

There's a guy over in the Vintage forum that's doing a rekit of the Jr Falcon with laser cutting. You may want to drop a thread there asking about it. Price was about $60 IIRC. Sorry, don't remember the name. Use the Search function with "Jr Falcon" and limit it to the vintage forum and it'll bring up the threads.