Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Honker Bipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honker Bipe

'nuther one...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51672.gif
Views:	51
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1184705  
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Cy77517.txt (310.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 PM
cpc625

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honker Bipe

rainedave,

Sent you an e-mail.

Charlie
Old 04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
lildiesel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Honker Bipe

I'm not sure that this is going to be useful for any Honker builders, but I've been have lots of success with modified, maybe even "fake", Jedelsky airfoils on various HLG projects for summer fun for the kids on my street and whatever friends they drag along. All I do is double the front 25-30% of the chord of the flat plate wing I start with and then use a razor plane and some sanding on the top and bottom of the doubled area to mimic the airfoil profiled front section of the two piece Jedelsky wing. Works great on 12" HLGs. Right now I'm experimenting with a 24" high aspect ratio wing with the airfoil profiled section reduced to about 15% of the chord. For some reason the three test wings balance out correctly and with a little dihederal fly straight down the hallway between my study and the stairs without the fuselage. Looks promising for a hand towed T-tailed sailplane for this summer.