Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Finally Got A Digi Cam!!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Finally Got A Digi Cam!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Mavericman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Got A Digi Cam!!

My dad finally bought a digital camera, its a Nikon Coolpix. i am going to try to get pictures and video of my planes up soon. does anyone have this cam? if so, i need help uploading pics and video, (i am very new to this)
Old 06-21-2003, 05:39 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure about the videos but I do know that you'll need to use a photo editing program like Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or whatever came bundled with your camera to resize the pics, and just the file size, down to a size that the site and primitive modem lines can deal with. I like to shoot for JPEG file sizes of about 40 to 60 Kbytes. That seems to work out to a nice size for 800x600 and 1024 x 768 video settings. If your software will let you call the pic out in actual size then just go for 6 inches for the longest direction and keep the little check box marked for "maintain aspect ratio" or equivalent and it'll keep it all in scale. If you're working in pixel count then you may have to keep it down to 700 for the long direction.

There's a test sub forum for your first tries so we don't have to look at your boo boo's...
Old 06-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Nikon Coolpix 775.

You can set the resolution as low as 640X480 for web stuff. I usually take pictures at 1600X1200 and resize them in Photoshop though.

The movie format is Quicktime and is limited to 15 seconds with no audio. I don't care for the Quicktime format so I convert the video to mpeg format using tmpgenc. http://www.tmpgenc.net/ You can also convert to WMV using Windows Movie Maker.