Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Who makes a strong .15 rear exhaust and can you get a tuned pipe for it as well?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Who makes a strong .15 rear exhaust and can you get a tuned pipe for it as well?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes a strong .15 rear exhaust and can you get a tuned pipe for it as well?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks,
Bijan
Old 06-22-2003, 01:45 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There are several

existing old choices which you can pick up on ebay, and several available new....

Ebay Oldies

Cox/K&B Conquest- Was really timed for a mini pipe, but I have successfully run a full pipe on one.

Rossi 15- Don't believe it is available any more in this country. Very similar to the Conquest in construction/specs (I think the Conquest copied the Rossi.)

New

MVVS .15- Available from Morris and has a tuned pipe made for it. They sell one engine that you can configure as side or rear exhaust before you break it in. Strong engine (I helped a guy tune the .21 version of it last weekend. It really sang)

NovaRossi .15- CL Speed engine. High dollar, high output.

I know there are a couple I missed, but I just can't think of them now. I think all but the Rossi came in a throttled version, but most have a straight venturi version as well.

What you planning on runnin' it on?
Old 06-22-2003, 03:33 AM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes a strong .15 rear exhaust and can you get a tuned pipe for it as well?

Hey, thanks for the info, I'll check into the MVVS for sure. Have seen a couple cox conquest engines on ebay as well, look fast just from the picture...

I'm gonna put it in a pacer that a guy set up for an OS .15. He said it would run around 80 with that engine so a hot piped 15 should be a blast.

Bijan