Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Geneseo next weekend.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Geneseo next weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:41 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Geneseo next weekend.

Looking for your next 1/2A subject?

The annual Geneseo fly-in/air show put on by the 1941 Historical Aircraft Group is coming up next weekend. It's a good time for any bona-fide airplane geek within driving distance of upper left NY state, as in getting towards Buffalo.

[link=http://www.1941hag.org/]Geneseo Air Show[/link]

At the 2007 air show there were two each P-40, P-51, Corsair, B-25, B-17 in the air at once. Then a B-2. Plus aerobatics, vintage aircraft flybys, what have you. Low key - walk around the pits, talk to crew and pilots, get close and personal with the aircraft.

Thought I'd let y'all know. I'll be there trying to convince people to pony up for a hop in a Tiger Moth.

MJD
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Geneseo next weekend.

I went to it 3 years ago, I think every AT-6 in North America was there. I have a video somewhere of them taking off, one every 15 seconds for about 15minutes. Really a good airshow.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-06-2009, 11:47 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: soarrich

I went to it 3 years ago, I think every AT-6 in North America was there. I have a video somewhere of them taking off, one every 15 seconds for about 15minutes. Really a good airshow.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Just got back from the pilot and air crew briefing (hic).

Two years ago it was P-40 time. Never saw one in person before. I know someone is flying in a Lysander this year, looking forward to seeing that. And I hope the Kinner Sportster makes it again too. Flies like a giant rubber model, slow and stately. Rare subject - two flying maybe? Three?

MJD
Old 07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

A friend and I are going on Saturday (the 11th ) ...maybe we'll see ya there [8D]
Old 07-15-2009, 07:21 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: proptop

A friend and I are going on Saturday (the 11th ) ...maybe we'll see ya there [8D]
You must not have made it - there were only two Tiger Moths, we were beside each other so were easy to find. The F-15 flight demo was awesome - they don't fool around at this show, down reeeeeeeeeeal low and close with burners on. The crew also did a fine job piloting the lawn tractor around the field for two hours in the dark after the Saturday dinner, pulling a trailer full of beer and hooting 'n' hollerin' pilots.

The plane swapping started immediatly, and I got to fly an N3N-3 on Friday night. This is a far more decadent process than wife swapping btw.

MJD
Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

My buddy (who came down from Plattsburgh on Friday evening ) and I decided to wait until Sunday due to the weather...and what a beautiful day it turned out to be [8D] It stormed pretty heavily here in Rome on Saturday. (I'm about 150 mi. East from Geneseo )
Only saw one Tiger Moth...had the #45 on the cowl...was that you guys?

I was inside the Memphis Belle when the F-15 started making noise I was surprised at how many passes he made! Forming up w/ the P-51 at the end was cool too, huh!?