Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

I got some goodies today!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

I got some goodies today!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 AM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I got some goodies today!

Wound up with some 1/2A goodies today. Mostly Cox but a smattering of Norvel too.

Something I have never seen up close is the early Norvel glow plug and retainer ring. I now have one retainer and two of the early plug/inserts. Easy to see first hand why the Merlin won't fit the smaller hole. Good thing Merlin also has the retainer to replace the older style Norvel and Cox glow heads. I got two of the later Norvel plug inserts and one retainer plus an extra prop bolt

Now to the Cox!
First is only a little difficult to describe. Call it a Tee Dee .051 with a .049 dual port piston and cylinder or call it a Tee Dee .049 with a red .051 carb body! This came with the KK NVA and KK pressure back plate! Sweet!
I think that it is a really good upgrade on the NVA but Iwon't have much need for the back plate. (I also have a Norvel with a pressure nipple in the back plate).
Honestly! I like the fact that I have these backplates but have no real use for them at this time of my life. On the other hand, the KK needles are a plus anyone can use.

I now have a nice product engine (white backplate as was on the BF 109 Super Stunter, single bypass cylinder. Looks brand new! Starter spring intact, not all caddywhompus like some overworked starter springs. The only reason this engine is incomplete is no needle valve or spring,

Various other parts and a Tee Dee fuel tank mount plus a modified glass filled mount with all the socket head mount screws! I liked that.

another thing I received was one of those protector thingies that fits on the glow plug threads. I like these as they are a good way to save plug gaskets. Wish I had a few more!

Additionally I now have another Baby Bee tank (no reed or 0 ring seal) a later model, a nearly new reedie crank case and dual port cylinder with high comp Tee Dee head and some backplate screws.

Checked all pistons and all have tight rods. No slop at all with these. All have been run.

Under fifty bucks shipped to my front door? Sweet!

Anyone have new good deals?

Robert
Old 08-04-2009, 12:36 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: I got some goodies today!

Robert, you made a pretty good haul!

It's amazing how much pressure is built up via the backplate...I've pulled the fuel line and seen it shoot fuel quite a few feet.

So what are your plans for the TD?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a buyers market out there,,,thats for sure...I see stuff on the bay,,but I already have too much rc stuff and would sell mine but, stuff is not selling like is was,,,just like anything else...seen a few hundred big twin Harleys out there under 10K,,,never saw that before, but I already have 3 cars and 3 bikes and 3 dogs...and the one Harley I did have was a lemon...all I got were repair bills and a minor heart attack from pushing it home!!
Robert congrats on the new toys...have fun with them..wish I could get motivated to play with my stuff more,,but life aint goin great right now..one of the byproducts of ADHD is also depression.and I have battled that for months now,,usually doesnt last that long..Rog
Old 08-04-2009, 07:15 PM
forsakenrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeeze, If you wanna get rid of the norvel pressure backplate i would gladly trade you for a regular one
Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
jeffie8696

Ijust traded with a firend of mine for a nice vintage 1/2A pylon racer. It has A TD051 with a throttle and full 4 channel control. Beautiful plane, his father built it.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:29 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jeffie8696

I just traded with a firend of mine for a nice vintage 1/2A pylon racer. It has A TD051 with a throttle and full 4 channel control. Beautiful plane, his father built it.
Is it the TD with the throttle and muffler or a TD with a throttle ring on it..?...just curious,,I have both...so what did you trade?...I have a few 1/2a kits left to build ....Rog
Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
build light

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Robert, you made a pretty good haul!

It's amazing how much pressure is built up via the backplate...I've pulled the fuel line and seen it shoot fuel quite a few feet.

So what are your plans for the TD?

CP, the Tee Dee is bound for a beautiful Les McDonald Stiletto or Bob Hunt's Genesis.
I have a set of the "Little Legends" series plans by Steve Buso of profile miniatures of the five United States' World Champion's C/L airplanes.
These planes have a wingspan of about 33 inches (give or take) and are for a strong Tee Dee 049 or Norvel.
The remaining three models in this set are the "Impact", "USA-1", and "Nobler" All great looking planes!

Robert
Old 08-07-2009, 09:25 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: build light
CP, the Tee Dee is bound for a beautiful Les McDonald Stiletto or Bob Hunt's Genesis.
I have a set of the ''Little Legends'' series plans by Steve Buso of profile miniatures of the five United States' World Champion's C/L airplanes.
These planes have a wingspan of about 33 inches (give or take) and are for a strong Tee Dee 049 or Norvel.
The remaining three models in this set are the ''Impact'', ''USA-1'', and ''Nobler'' All great looking planes!

Robert
Excellent choice. I have those plans too, but so far have not built any of them. [&o]

George