Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

ace GlH foam wing

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 04:31 PM
zero-cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ace GlH foam wing

I just picked up a nib GLH.happy i found one.I had one many years ago with a .09 teedee.do you think I can use a os 15cv-a? has anyone used this set up before?I want to use standard plugs and fuel.would you suggest any other engines?im going for pure speed
Old 10-16-2009, 04:44 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ace GlH foam wing

It's a 1/2A plane not a 15 sized one. Even though the TD09 is light I'm amazed that you got it on and had enough fuel to do anything,also balance had to be a problem. With a 15 especially the one mentioned your pretty far out in the woods on it. you'll have no fuel reserve, a high wing loading, a super nose heavy model that will be tough to balance, the glide angle of a brick .Etc
my opinion is to forget about this one,however I'm sure that your going to get the usual go for it replies.
Dennis
Old 10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If you use good judgement about where more strength is needed without going overboard and how to manage the CG situation...this is about the size plane you will need for a hot .15 speed plane. If you pull it off, expect better than 120 mph with that CV.15.
2 ozs of fuel is enough for some fast laps, pick up a Hayes tank. The rest of your gear is pretty typical 1/2A stuff, 300 mil pack, a couple HS65 or 81 servos and a mini RX.
No matter how this project turns out, you will have learned something. Good luck!
I'm building something right now about the same size for a K&B .15.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:51 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a nib one too, but I dont think the foam wing will hold up to that engine, just my 2 cents...Rog
Old 10-17-2009, 12:24 AM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laminate wing with nice 1/32" balsa and glass & epoxy the center section.
Or lots of filament tape!
For the record I'm with Dennis, a .15? Oy.
Dave