Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Diesel fueler

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:24 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel fueler

I bought 5 priming bulbs on ebay for ~$8 a couple years ago, today I made a diesel fueler out of one. I plumbed a fuel take using gas compatible lines, I then put a primer bulb in the output line, I can use it to fuel the plane and very easily apply one or two drops of fuel to the carb. I just plug the fuel delivery line into the vent line to seal it all up. I safety wired all the permanent connections. The only drawbacks are you have to open the tank up to fill it up and I don't see a way to drain the planes tank.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69702.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	1308078  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Diesel fueler

I've seen someone doing something similar with a fuel syringe. He would push a measured amount of air into the fuel can to fuel. I suppose you could use the syringe to suck fuel out of the aiplane fuel tank back into the fuel can.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Rendegade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooh, I'd be careful with the syringes. I used on for a Tomboy competition a few months ago and lost 3 places becuase of it.

I think the ether attacks the rubber that the plunger is made from so over a period of time, it allows a lot of crap to appear in the tank, and consequently the needle.

I do like the priming bulb idea, as I hate them with a vengeance on any gas powered engine (weed wackers, why have a priming bulb when you have a choke!)
Old 11-06-2009, 09:32 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rendegade
Oooh, I'd be careful with the syringes. I used on for a Tomboy competition a few months ago and lost 3 places because of it.

I think the ether attacks the rubber that the plunger is made from so over a period of time, it allows a lot of crap to appear in the tank, and consequently the needle.
Many, if not most plungers use silicone "O" rings for seals, which WILL be affected by diesel fuel. You can usually get neoprene replacements from the manufacturer or a hardware store. If it works for gasoline, it usually works for diesel.

George
Old 11-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using the syringe as I described, the fuel does not get in the syringe. I use an all plastic Norvel syringe and fuel normally.