Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Questions On Norvel Engines and Ace Kits

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Questions On Norvel Engines and Ace Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 05:57 AM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions On Norvel Engines and Ace Kits

Hello,
I am thinking of getting an ACE SIMPLE SERIES kit. How are these. Are they easy to assemble. Also, do they come with all the linkage. Lastly, how are the Norvel engines. I am thinking of getting a .061. Thanx -Patrick

PS- Are AP engines good, because a .061 AP engine goes for $39.99
Old 07-09-2003, 08:07 AM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

putt_13:

The Ace Simple kits are easy to build, but they're a bit crowded inside. Mini servos can be used, but micros make it a lot easier. And being small, they can be a hand full to fly.

The Norvel 0.061 shoud fly any of them very well.

The AP 0.061 looks like a copy of the Norvel 0.061. Or maybe the Norvel is a copy of the AP. One time when I needed a Norvel glow head none was available locally, so I bought an AP glow head. Can't tell the difference. And since this was on my Tiggerkitty, and the other engine still had the Norvel head... (See my avatar)

HTH.

Bill.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:14 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not a hard kit but its not a first kit kit either,, you have to know alittle about building an rc plane , maybe with some help from here or a friend,, and of course which kit you build ,, if its a first plane, dont get the cool extra 230,you wont be able to handle it,, I just built (then crashed) a Ace whizard with an 074 norvel.. too much engine I think.. for me ,, the .061 should be great for it, there is a pretty good hardware selection in the Ace kits, although in mine the pushrods broke before they left the house, dont use the plastic ones,they react with the CA and become brittle...dont really hear much about AP engines on here, other than what Will said, that they look alot like Norvel,,,
lots of folk here have built a whizard,you can get lots of advice..
which kit did you have in mind?
Rog
Old 07-09-2003, 04:06 PM
putt_13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a great deal. A F4U and a P-51 for 50 bucks. I will be flying a trainer a lot in the near future, and I think these will fit in once I get the hang of glow flight. I will have to look the wizzard up, I have never heard of it. Thanx -Patrick