Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Reedy racing motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reedy racing motor

What is the reedy motor of choice for racing?

How would you rank the reed motors againist each other?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reedy racing motor

I find the golden bees to run best, but it could well be my imagination....or the type of reed, the 4 point star or the stainless or even , cut pieces of old floppy disc work, oh and teflon ones too.....the later product engines came with stainless steel ones, or mine did anyway....I just last night made a golden product engine,,one of my golden bee crankcases got eaten up by an electric starter...my fault, but thats why I bought half a dozen product engines, for parts....hope to see how it runs today....Rog
Old 01-20-2010, 11:11 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Rich, I've found the best Reedie Racer motor is either the Golden Bee, or Black Widow. Of course I've won the most with an extended tank Baby Bee. I've brought out some really hot engines that ran quite well but were not consistent. Seeing how there is a time limit for cranking and launching the engine that cranks on the first flew flips and run consistently is the engine that wins. You have to launch on time and finish the race!! A lot of guys get out there and really go fast but either launch late because they can’t get it started or go lean/rich during the race!!

I can remember Raymond winning with his 1962 single channel design Shark Face because he launched every time on time and flew all laps of each heat!!

Bob Harris

Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Well the product half of my golden product engine locked up in the middle of the 3rd tank, ran it rich mostly, it never really peaked (sounded) like it was singing even though I only tried for a few seconds,,poured some fuel in it to cool it off, I'll try and start it again tomorrow , but it may be worthless, it will pop now, but I may have ruined it,,,I have a few others to play with, hate when that happens, actually its never happened to me, but I'll run the next one richer and cool down more between runs....Rog
Old 01-20-2010, 09:48 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob and Ray have always done pretty good with Golden Bees but they are always fearin the BAD ***** Widow flown by a guy who can't fly[>:]

This is my year old man!!![sm=stupid.gif][sm=48_48.gif]