Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Simple P-51 and F4U...Are They Good?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Simple P-51 and F4U...Are They Good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 03:29 AM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple P-51 and F4U...Are They Good?

Hello,
I am looking at making a a purchase of the Ace Simple P-51 and F4U. How do these models fly. I am thinking of using a Norvel BigMig .061. Any input is welcome. Thanx -Patrick
Old 07-11-2003, 11:08 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in a previous post you were looking for beginner parts and these are not beginner planes, you need a whizard (ace) or maybe a grasshopper, or a cub ,, a high wing trainer type of plane, evreyone wants a cool plane to start with, but, they are too hard to learn on because they are too fast,,,just ask around,, (please) you will only get discouraged thinking that "well, I can handle it" because you cant....even trainers can crash at an amazingly high rate of speed,,search, read,ask,look up jk aerotech (I think that it).. if you can buy the mustang and f4 for $10 each then by all means get them, but save them for later....Rog
Old 07-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Lynn S

Default TRAINER

The key word here is "Trainer", this is what you need to start out with.
A scale like Extra,Mustang or F4U are not Trainers.
The Ace Whizard would be a good trainer. The Ace Simple Cub should be a good one too. I know that some have built the SureFlite foam Cub 1/2 A plane with good success.It has a large 41 inch wingspan and a flat bottom wing to give it a lot of lift and slower speed.
Foam wings and planes are covered with low temp. iron on covering like EconoKote. Starpping tape is put on the wing (top and bottom)before covering
Check out Quantummodels.com for Ace planes and Sureflite.com for their Cub.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 PM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

yeah, I have a great deal on the two airplanes...50 shipped for both. I might get a cub to learn on though. -Patrick