Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

2.4G systems

Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Jaspur_x
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4G systems

O.K. guys , educate me wouldya?

I know nothing about spektrum tech.
I just recieved my oreder from hobbyking. I bought a 6ch system , and intended to use it for more than 1 plane so I bought an extra reciever. For some reason I bought a 3 ch reciever , is this compatible?

There were no instructions at all with my order.

At least compared to my old am systems , these recievers are micro sized , which is just what I need for my sized planes ( littlest stick , little plane that could , my " farcebug" and ladybug , etc".
Old 03-06-2010, 12:29 PM
ChopperMike

Default RE: 2.4G systems

The 3 channel RX is a surface rx and not compatible with the air system.

Mike
Old 03-06-2010, 03:06 PM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the ParkZone stuff if you have the spektrum radio, then you can get the version BNF which is bind and fly,,another/different radio and you have to add a rx to the plane , maybe servos ,,not sure...I just stick with Futaba,,but if the rumors are true even our 72mhz stuff will be phased out for more HD television......hey the kids gotta have something to do...dont know who will be able to afford it...apparently we will all be working/shopping/eating at either Walmart or McDonalds.....Rog
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Jaspur_x

I have no idea about all this , the hobby king 2.4g stuff came with no instructions at all.

I guess I should hurry up and get about 4 more recievers for the 2.4g before they go " outa style" so I can keep on flying more than 1 plane without transfering recievers from 1 plane to the next like I have to now.

I only want to be able to fly my favorite 2 or 3 on the same trx on the same day.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 AM
ChopperMike

I have no idea about all this , the hobby king 2.4g stuff came with no instructions at all.
I may have come to the wrong conclusion. Is this a Spektrum brand radio or some other 2.4 Ghz system? You said Spektrium but did you mean 2.4 Ghz. The 2 main players in 2.4 are Spektrum/JR and Futaba but I'm unfamiliar with any others that may be out there. If it is not in fact a Spektrum brand radio then the 3 channel rx isn't necessarily a surface RX. Spektrum doesn't make a 3 channel air rx but someone else might. If it is a Spektrum brand then it should have come with a manual (which can be downloaded off Horizon Hobby's site). If not you'll need to contact the seller.

Mike
Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Jaspur_x

It is hobbyking`s namebrand on it.
Model HK-T4A
4channels
2.4G 100% digital proportional radio control system ( with servo reversing)
bind range test ( printed beside a button)

Thats it , al printed on the tx below the gimbals
Old 03-07-2010, 03:57 PM
ChopperMike

I went over to the HK site andf found out that, yes the 3 channel rx is only compatible with their GT-2 3 channel surface transmitter. Also since the 4 channel transmitter is not a multi-model programmable TX you may need to bind the rx to the tx each time you fly a different model. In case you're unfamiliar with this process, binding the RX to the TX insures that the RX only takes commands from your tx. It appears from what you said about the TX having a range/bind button is it works like my Spektrum system. The bind plug is put into the RX, usually in the battery plug position, and the receiver is powered up. The bind switch on the TX is pushed in and held while the TX power switch is turned on. The bind button is held until the rx binds to the TX. On my Spektrum system the light on the rx will flash until it binds at which time it stays on steady. The TX and RX are then turned off and the bind plug is removed at which time the system is ready to go. If you have more than one RX you may need to do this every time you switch models. On a multi-model system it isn't necessary as switching the TX to the model you're now flying automatically resets everything to the model in question. Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Jaspur_x

O.K.
This may be a really stupid question , but if I plug the bind plug into the reciever battery position , how do I turn the power on to the reciever , the battery can not be plugged in at this point.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:07 PM
flyinrog

all you need is a y harness in any channel put the battery or the bind plug on that...doesnt have to be a y they make 2 outlet extensions too....Rog
Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
ChopperMike

Actually you don't even need a y to bind it since you don't need any servos connected to bind it. The bind plug goes in the battery port and the battery can plug into any open servo port. Once it's bound the bind plug is removed anyway and you can then connect your servos. The bind plug (at least if it's like the Spektrum) HAS to go in the battery port.

Mike
Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Jaspur_x

ok , I will give that a try.
Thanks guys
Old 03-08-2010, 03:40 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: ChopperMike

Actually you don't even need a y to bind it since you don't need any servos connected to bind it. The bind plug goes in the battery port and the battery can plug into any open servo port. Once it's bound the bind plug is removed anyway and you can then connect your servos. The bind plug (at least if it's like the Spektrum) HAS to go in the battery port.

Mike
I wondered this as I was writing my answer too, and I have 1 2.4 which is dedicated to a heli and BSarge put it together for me so I didnt know what the binding aspect was, but I figured Jas would have a y harness laying around somewhere....Rog
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Jaspur_x

Actually I don`t have a y harness at all , I do not fly the larger models anymore , 1/2A is large to me , I fly smaller than that..

My littlest stick is the largest plane I have flown in a decade!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Jaspur_x

ok , so I got it to bind , but it is not working properly. I do not have to bind it every time I use it do I? The servos act like there is interference going on.

I do not with my radio system for my blade msr heli.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:53 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: Jaspur_x

ok , so I got it to bind , but it is not working properly. I do not have to bind it every time I use it do I? The servos act like there is interference going on.

I do not with my radio system for my blade msr heli.
THere is a thread similar to this over in Beginners...it may be that you need 6 volt batteries and/or you have a low battery now, or are testing too close....Rog
Old 03-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Jaspur_x

As it turns out I spent all afternoon fighting with it and it was 2 bad , brand nre still in packages cirrus servos.

I swapped them with the e-flites I had for my micro bipe and its ok now.

Thanks for all your help rod.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 AM
rva1945

HI:

I have the HK-T4A, and since a few days ago, sometimes it seems to stop working, the receiver stops receiving signals, or at least that seems to be happening.

Then I turn on and off both (TX and RX) until it works again. Sometimes the TX LED blinks. What does this mean?

Both bateries (TX and RX) are ok (voltage and charge).

This started after I tried to bind the TX with a friend's v2 RX (with no success). Maybe the button in the TX was damaged and now it turns on by its own?

Any hint?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 PM
tc-62

I tried to keep up my FM system for years. I was finally convinsed to drop the cash for a spektrum. I'll tell you, I'll never go back. The servos/receivers are so much less expensive that I revived a crashed Carl Goldburg Piper cub. The Phoenx R/C 4 simulator plugs right in to the TX and is incredible. I recently had a issue with my TX. The elev. channel was intermittent. I sent it in to Horrizon Hobbys, and they took care of the problem and sent it back , no charge . That's a whole lot better than the reponse I had from airtronics.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM
tc-62

OOhh forgot to mention, look into the oranger RX from hobby king I use them on the Piper. no problems and at 10 bucks.